Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 10:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by twill86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the fuck has that ever happened here lmao. Draft week? Once every 3 months? So with quakes included 1 out of 15-20 times a mob gets killed by a somebody other than the top guilds and that's ruining the whole experience? Ohh for fucks sake go outside.
I hear you, but I’m still not following your logic.

Your experience is being ruined because top guilds kill everything, and you want to kill stuff?

What is your fix? More rotations? Amusement park “Lines” for pixels that isn’t built off of respawn windows or length of wait? How do make it so super cool people with awesome jobs and hot spouses that don’t care about this game get BiS?

I’m saying it snarky, but honest question!
Old 05-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear you, but I’m still not following your logic.

Your experience is being ruined because top guilds kill everything, and you want to kill stuff?

What is your fix? More rotations? Amusement park “Lines” for pixels that isn’t built off of respawn windows or length of wait? How do make it so super cool people with awesome jobs and hot spouses that don’t care about this game get BiS?

I’m saying it snarky, but honest question!
3 hour lockouts . You already Mario kart for some things , go full Mario kart with 3 hour lockouts. Problem solved hope that helps.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 hour lockouts . You already Mario kart for some things , go full Mario kart with 3 hour lockouts. Problem solved hope that helps.
What does a three hour lockout look like?

If someone wins the race, everyone else leaves and gives the race winner 3 hours to kill the mob?
Old 05-07-2021, 10:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does a three hour lockout look like?

If someone wins the race, everyone else leaves and gives the race winner 3 hours to kill the mob?
Correct
Old 05-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Does that work on encounters like NTOV or Tunare?

Kunark and Classic, it could work, but functionally what’s the difference between current state? Race winner still gets first crack, they can just lose and the circling buzzards still get a shot.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Does that work on encounters like NTOV or Tunare?

Kunark and Classic, it could work, but functionally what’s the difference between current state? Race winner still gets first crack, they can just lose and the circling buzzards still get a shot.
Yes we did it in 2017
Old 05-07-2021, 10:57 AM
Aviak

What problem does that solve?
Old 05-07-2021, 11:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
What problem does that solve?
Let's casuals only need a racer to get FTE, main reason casuals don't compete is cause of pre parking and time to setup. Giving guild 3 hours allows this to happen and to move to the target. Being super fast doesn't matter past aary , being first isn't always a good thing .
Old 05-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's casuals only need a racer to get FTE, main reason casuals don't compete is cause of pre parking and time to setup. Giving guild 3 hours allows this to happen and to move to the target. Being super fast doesn't matter past aary , being first isn't always a good thing .
Why a new forum account brotha? =P

He's right though. The answer to all this bullshit has been racing with lockouts. And has been for a long time. Worked great.

In fact, if I have my p99 lore correct, the reason why racing was reversed, was due to casual guilds not showing up for the encounters.

But this is the ONLY time my guild at the time, FoH (with venerate) had a shot at statue/AoW. Racing with lockouts enables a kittens + Dawn Believer team up to compete for literally every mob in the game.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why a new forum account brotha? =P

He's right though. The answer to all this bullshit has been racing with lockouts. And has been for a long time. Worked great.

In fact, if I have my p99 lore correct, the reason why racing was reversed, was due to casual guilds not showing up for the encounters.

But this is the ONLY time my guild at the time, FoH (with venerate) had a shot at statue/AoW. Racing with lockouts enables a kittens + Dawn Believer team up to compete for literally every mob in the game.
No sirken stopped it cause of alt tab jumping , rustle showed all time . Client fps is locked now so issue is fine. Not sure why they haven't done it again we already race now for things. It is new management tho so they may not even been playing back then.
Closed Thread