Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bunch of people failing research combines cuz they blindly trusted the info there lol
Thats classic too.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

I will say overall I've gotten a lot of benefit from the wiki.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats classic too.
It's more classic to pour trains into languages to be able to read the various books telling you what the recipes were.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say overall I've gotten a lot of benefit from the wiki.
bigly wiki bene
Old 05-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzzYolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I trust everyone's non-biased recollection of charm mechanics from 20 years ago. Let's rewrite the code based on their memories.
You really do not want to ask about my memory. Really, you do not. It's nuclear grade.

For example, I know exactly what you did in 1999-2000.

It didn't involve playing an enchanter. Correct? I thought so.

I know more.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:41 PM
Banned

And no one here is better than the top players in the live era. You'd lose to those guilds badly.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehairs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The information you can get from searching wiki is way more broken and not classic than any class will ever be who gives a shit the servers fun how it is
Old 05-13-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

It took 20 years to flawlessly spoil this game at least.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Druids weren't charming on live. You know it; I know it; everybody knows it" isn't a logical argument, it's gaslighting.
And when you make a false claim, and pretend that I made it, it's called making a straw man argument.

I never said "no one ever charmed on live". What I said (and what remains an incontrovertible fact, which anyone who played a meaningful amount of classic EQ will remember) is that most Druids root/rotted or kited (quad or otherwise).

Look at this page from Caster's Realm filled with player guides for Druids 29-50 ... in 2002 (ie. after Luclin's release!): https://web.archive.org/web/20040513...uid&Category=4

There's 20 different articles about quading and solo kiting and root/rotting ... and not a single one about charming!

So again, either the vast, vast majority of Druids on live were complete idiots who ignored a much faster way to XP ... or that much faster way to XP didn't exist on live.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Here's how Druids were actually playing in classic, from my own home server of Brisltlebane ... "The Fastest EXP in EverQuest!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]:

Quote:
32-41, THE FASTEST EXP IN EVERQUEST!!! - Rhayne, Bristlebane
Ok here is the way i got through 32-44 the fastest way. First I went to the Barbarian camp in West Karana. You will see a bunch of barbarians. Go to Ulrich Mcmanas, (hes by a pin with a wolf in it). What you want to do is get as far back possible and snare him, then just combust him to death. Do this stradigie to 36. Oh ya almost forgot Ulrich Drops up to 5 pp, words, runes,FS,Bronze pieces and some times some Beer.

At 36 You will be able to Kill Einhorst Mcmanas, there is one problam, ulrich must be dead for you to pull einhorst, when you pull einhorst ulrich will help and attack you. So have someone be killing Ulrich and have them tell you when ulrich is dead. Or the other stradigeie what i do is harmoney ulrich then pull Einhorst. Ok this is how you kill Einhorst, snare him then cast your 34 spell fury of air then go to combust then keep on switching off.YOu can kill Erinhorst until 39. Einhorst drops the same as Ulrich only he drops just a little bitmore often.

At 39 you will be able to kill both Ulrich and Einhorst, first pull ulrich then Einhorst you can do this until 41. Well hope these stradigies helped, Goold Luck!

Strategy Submitted on: Sunday, December 16, 2001

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread