Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

And what peeps saying T boots isnt worth it at all. Do the MQ if you got that plat. It is day or night different. Every class having instant cast while pulling/kiting stopping to cast can be death. And like peeps said jboots are an extra item to instant click to recast(like flux staff) only side effect cant use indoor clearly.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-21-2021, 05:02 PM
Aviak

This is a very informative thread, thank you guys.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. To the ones that involve having friends though, I wish it weren't the case but I've never had those kind of people to count on. I wish I did. When I was going for the temp flux staff I had to use my own 45 mage to do it as I couldn't count on anyone to help me. In SolA when I tried to get the heart of fire there, there were a couple of folks getting powerleveled by high level buddies and I wish I had those kind of connections with folks. Heck I know there are some folks lucky enough to have friends that would help them get their jboots.

The idea of trying to get a pegasus cloak is a daunting one because as far as I know, you need a team of folks at each spawn point willing to help you get it. But at least levitate is a spell on the wizard list.

I guess I could really use some advice on how to socialize and make friends though, because I've always felt genuinely pretty lonely here.
Last edited by tadkins; 05-21-2021 at 05:35 PM..
Old 05-21-2021, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cast time is a massive downgrade. Do not buy T Boots when you can spend 200plat more and get jboots.

As for the MQ process, I've done it 100+ times. Just don't turn anything in until the MQer very clearly tells you to and it will go fine.

Using sow pots in the interim isn't a bad idea, but jboots instant speed is extremely valuable, so I'd highly recommend getting them eventually.

As for camping it yourself in SRO, 9/10 you are in for a lot of frustration. I'd suggest just buying them unless learning the camp and checking 24/7 until you get them sounds fun to you.
It’s at least a thousand plat more I believe not 200
Old 05-21-2021, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what peeps saying T boots isnt worth it at all. Do the MQ if you got that plat. It is day or night different. Every class having instant cast while pulling/kiting stopping to cast can be death. And like peeps said jboots are an extra item to instant click to recast(like flux staff) only side effect cant use indoor clearly.
Meh not really much of an issue with kiting. Just strafe run for several seconds and you probably have enough space between you and the mob to get off a 1.5 second cast
Old 05-21-2021, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s at least a thousand plat more I believe not 200
Traveler's boots are what 5250pp? JBoots run for 5325 to 6k in EC, 5.5k all inclusive being pretty common.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Traveler's boots are what 5250pp? JBoots run for 5325 to 6k in EC, 5.5k all inclusive being pretty common.
I've been seeing them for 6k lately, why I figured the TBoots would have been more worth it if the other aspects of the jboots weren't needed.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Little off topic, but SoW pots vendor for 18pp. So it saves a little plat by vendoring the pot when it has 1 charge left.

Its been 4 or 5 months since I've bought any sow pots, but it wasn't difficult to find them on the weekend for 90p, especially if you find someone who is selling them in bulk.

If you buy them for 90p and vendor the last charge its basically 72p for 9 charges or 8p per charge which I think is reasonable. Unless your quadding raptors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], a single quad will come close to covering the 8p for the charge you used.
Last edited by Falditin; 05-21-2021 at 10:56 PM..
Old 05-21-2021, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. To the ones that involve having friends though, I wish it weren't the case but I've never had those kind of people to count on. I wish I did. When I was going for the temp flux staff I had to use my own 45 mage to do it as I couldn't count on anyone to help me. In SolA when I tried to get the heart of fire there, there were a couple of folks getting powerleveled by high level buddies and I wish I had those kind of connections with folks. Heck I know there are some folks lucky enough to have friends that would help them get their jboots.

The idea of trying to get a pegasus cloak is a daunting one because as far as I know, you need a team of folks at each spawn point willing to help you get it. But at least levitate is a spell on the wizard list.

I guess I could really use some advice on how to socialize and make friends though, because I've always felt genuinely pretty lonely here.
Are you in a guild? If not join one. Group with guildies when you can. Be social in pick up groups (I find that people might not talk unless prompted but once one or two people start chatting in the group everyone will join in)...add people to your friends list if you get along.

If you’re in a guild, I’d recommend joining their discord and chatting there as people seem to be pretty active in the discord’s in most guilds. Don’t worry about making friends, it’s just like RL, put yourself into the situation and be social and you’ll make those P99 friends in time
Old 05-22-2021, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

A 45 mage can 100% camp the ocean of tears AC, then you can just MQ it to your wizard - people should be willing to help with keeping hasten locked in place, just ask in zone.

As for pegasus cloak, I've gotten her on my ranger many times solo (though track helps a ton) - if you go during off hours when few people are zone and use pet tracking to see when she spawns you have a decent chance of getting her - just check the SW spawn point first and then run and check her other two paths... though without SoW or JBoots it is tedious.
Closed Thread