Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR BODY TO THE LIST???
Yes, I have no interest in keeping a bedpan near my computer. 165 81.68%
No, how can I have fun if I can't keep others from accomplishing their goals? 37 18.32%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I think this is one of the best ideas to come from the developers. Fantastic, I'm excited as hell for green now. What do you guys think?
youll never beat the neckbeards. You can try all you want, but they will find a way to outsmart you. After all, this is their primary source of income after food stamps and SS disability income.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

1999 EQ is supposed to be an open world sandbox. If players want a camp then they should fight for it, as it was for the first year of EQ's existence.

If it's not going to be that, then it should be the actual Play Nice Policy in existence during the later era of "classic" EQ, which was that all camps must be shared (taking turns killing an NPC). This listing thing as outlined doesn't seem to follow that exactly. Instead it puts people in line for an item rather than the NPC. Seemingly, under this system, someone can just wait around and not actually fight the NPC, but just get the item when it drops after someone else kills it. WTF?
Old 09-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

I'm kinda wondering the same thing... what if the person on the list can't solo the mob? Or if a group is camping ass/sup they have to stop killing the assassin if someone in there group is not next on the list?
Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

What if the ee spawns and whoever's is on the list is just letting it sit up and wasting time. Can anyone kill it?
Old 09-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Presumably anyone can kill it, but only the next person on the list can loot.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm kinda wondering the same thing... what if the person on the list can't solo the mob? Or if a group is camping ass/sup they have to stop killing the assassin if someone in there group is not next on the list?
From what I read you have to be a minimum level to be on the list. I assume this will only be for certain drops like the guise, manastone, MQ for jboots, etc...

And if a group is camping the assassin they can kill him, they just can't get his loot. I think especially in the beginning there will always be a group killing these camps even if they aren't on top of the list.

Some issues I foresee:
- What if the person on top of the list is afk, will the item just rot or will it be a free for all loot after a certain amount of minutes have passed?
- What if the spawn is up, but nobody kills it. Will the #1 on the list lose its spot x amount of minutes after the spawn is up?
Old 09-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sure the devs will enlist the help of P99's most cunning elf lawyers to figure out and close all of the loopholes in this list system to make sure its not exploitable.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-14-2019, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

I am super excited that there is a list like this but I am genuinely confused about a lot of the same things you all are haha

Like, if there is a "decided level" that you can be on the list, say that's 45.. are you not able to camp the manastone before then? Like, even if you're capable of killing it below that level, because there are level 45 people in the zone on the list, If I were to kill it, they would loot it?

That seems so strange to me.

I assumed it was just a GUI for a list that you can be added to and we just use the honor system and line/groups to make sure we follow the list. My understanding was people would skip the home made lists on purouse to give their friends spots ahead of people that waited. Which is why the GM's never used lists or made rules around them.

A server side gui would solve that problem, then we could just petition people that took cuts?

Idk, excited to hear about this idea, but the like, extra code seems like a bit of a stretch but w/e ill get a manastone one way or another I'm not worried about it. Just excited/confused about how it will work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2019, 03:53 AM
Orc

does anyone know the command to use the lists? And how does it work? If you are in zone and it drops does a loot window pop up in your face or do you have to make your way yo the mob and loot it?
Old 10-15-2019, 01:52 PM
Kobold

I've been told the list has not yet been implemented yet on Green Beta, so it's a bit of a mystery at the moment.

I wonder if named mobs will go down faster, because people will cooperate for the sake of bumping their name on the list.
Closed Thread