Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR BODY TO THE LIST???
Yes, I have no interest in keeping a bedpan near my computer. 165 81.68%
No, how can I have fun if I can't keep others from accomplishing their goals? 37 18.32%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Since the thread is alive again...

I expect that we might end up with a situation where the person on the list to loot it might end up functionally PLing the group that’s there XPing. Honestly pretty classic and in keeping with early Blue as well. I remember I had a weekend where I was hardly home in like October 2010, somebody told me to come FD in LGuk and they just left me in their group all weekend. I’d occasionally look at my imputes to make sure I wasn’t dropped from group...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Aviak

So I enter LGUK (at the appropriate lvl) and place my name on the list for ALL the rare items. Can I just stand at the top of the zone and wait for these things to be killed and it awards me the item automatically or do I have to actually loot the NPC at the camp?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Orc

Details about how the list will function have not yet been released, afaik.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I enter LGUK (at the appropriate lvl) and place my name on the list for ALL the rare items. Can I just stand at the top of the zone and wait for these things to be killed and it awards me the item automatically or do I have to actually loot the NPC at the camp?
Sounds like you get loot right, not the item. If the group chooses not to kill it promptly, I expect that you would lose your spot in line. I would hope that there might be some proximity limit beyond just in zone, and I would hope that zones with multiple /lists would restrict a player to just one.

It’s not clear what /list functionality is going to cover, all contested/high value camps or just legacy items? Definitely guise/manastone/jboots, but will Djarn’s ring get a/list? How about AC in OoT (once it exists)? I wonder if it’s just to cover the gold rush for unobtainium, or a mechanism to handle contested camps in general across the life of the server.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if named mobs will go down faster, because people will cooperate for the sake of bumping their name on the list.
When Fabled items started dropping on live Bristlebane, LowerGuk was a giant fucking party with epic 20-30 people lists for the Fabled Flowing Black Silk Sash... great fucking times.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you get loot right, not the item. If the group chooses not to kill it promptly, I expect that you would lose your spot in line. I would hope that there might be some proximity limit beyond just in zone, and I would hope that zones with multiple /lists would restrict a player to just one.

It’s not clear what /list functionality is going to cover, all contested/high value camps or just legacy items? Definitely guise/manastone/jboots, but will Djarn’s ring get a/list? How about AC in OoT (once it exists)? I wonder if it’s just to cover the gold rush for unobtainium, or a mechanism to handle contested camps in general across the life of the server.
Hope to god it's just legacy items. If it's every camp that's gonna be annoying, sometimes its nice to XP in a place that might have less ideal XP but a chance at a rare drop. If list people that are afk at zoneline get rights to a regular rare drop like a ghoul magus robe in LGuk thats gonna be really odd.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If list people that are afk at zoneline get rights to a regular rare drop like a ghoul magus robe in LGuk thats gonna be really odd.
Rogean stated there is going to be some kind of AFK check in place.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean stated there is going to be some kind of AFK check in place.
Even so.... if 6 of us are farming Frenzied for XP and a chance at FBSS, 5 people at zone line can have priority over FBSS just because they /listed it? Just seems to decentivise XPing in places for drops, at that point you may as well go find the best zem available for your level. I just hope it's for legacy items that will be removed only, not regular drops. Manastone, Guide, CoS, whatever. I am sure he will make it more clear in the upcoming week.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Orc

I believe they said you had to be nearby as well.

In any case, I would recommend reading up on what we do know for sure, and then wait and see what the specifics are when they actually finish and release it in beta. Anything else is conjecture, maybe worrying for nothing. I doubt the devs intend make the list super stupid and/or exploitable.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

This is the kind of stuff that I don't understand about P99.

So much effort is put into making this the most authentic classic experience possible, down to objectively making the game worse by removing very simple QOL features like being able to have more than 6 hot buttons and third person camera controls.

But then they implement custom stuff that completely goes against the spirit of classic EverQuest, like this list system. This particular system essentially combines the worst features of open world design with the worst features of instanced content.

Like, I get the intention, and I understand trying to ensure a fair playing field for everyone regardless of how often they're able to play the game - but that's not classic EverQuest.

If you really want people to be able to experience content on a limited schedule, then that problem was already solved a long time ago when instancing was implemented. But instancing isn't classic EQ, and neither is this list system.

There's nothing more classic EQ than some neckbeard holding the manastone camp for a week straight. If the purpose of the project is to maintain an accurate recreation of classic EQ, then I feel that all of the blemishes should be kept intact as well.
Last edited by Byrjun; 10-16-2019 at 02:12 PM..
Closed Thread