Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default Share your positive list experience!

All I read is negative list experiences... 24 hour + before drops etc etc...

Surely there are those who got lucky or had positive experiences.

I’ll start!

My ranger tried guise camp for the first time last weekend. I got on list at midnite est and was 3rd on list. The guys in front of me had been there for 16 and 19 hours. About 1 hour passed and bam ass spawns. Drops a mask for #1. Very next spawn is ass again! Drops dagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. NEXT spawn is ass again! Drops a mask for #2!

So here I am number 1 on list after only around 2 hours in camp. It gets better.

The very next spawn is ass again! However, he is holding a dagger. Lame .... however, when he dies I get this beautiful yellow text spamming me my list item dropped!

I loot and he was holding a fine steel dagger and a guise!

4 ass spawns in a row 3 of which had a guise. I had my guise in less than 3 hours at camp.

Please share your experience, has anyone has this luck with MS or Rubi bp!?
Old 12-31-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

I have never listed for an item and will never need to (I play a Bard), but I can say with authority that my play sessions have been better for toxic idiots being drawn to the list camps.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Good start
Old 12-31-2019, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

My guild has recruited a couple great members at the rubi bp list.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Im glad you got it quick Octo. The laws of the universe still owe you a lot of plat lol
Old 12-31-2019, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

I made lots of friends at the list camps who I still check in on now and again! I mean, I don't talk to them directly because they're disgusting human beings, but I like to stalk them using /who while fantasizing about polyamorous scenarios involving them, me, Kobober, and the Evil Eye.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

My favorite so far:

The day after I got my Jboots, I went back and helped my buddy just to be nice. That would normally have been incredibly boring, since I had literally nothing to gain from it, but I found a great way to pass the time. Every once in a while, especially when someone new would join the list, I would link my boots and pretend that they'd dropped from a Drelzna that had already been looted. I convinced multiple people that something funky had happened, and the reactions of people thinking they got skipped over were pretty entertaining. I always let them know I was kidding a few moments later, so nobody was left upset or anything.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

One morning, I logged into my friend’s character at the manastone camp so he could take another 3-hour nap. He was high on the list, maybe number 2. Within a couple hours, two manastones dropped nearly back to back. I looted a manastone on my friend’s character and went back to bed. He later let me use it during a week when he was too busy to play.

A few weeks later, I did the same thing for another friend and looted a manastone on his character too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We’ll see how it goes when I camp one!
Old 12-31-2019, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One morning, I logged into my friend’s character at the manastone camp so he could take another 3-hour nap. He was high on the list, maybe number 2. Within a couple hours, two manastones dropped nearly back to back. I looted a manastone on my friend’s character and went back to bed. He later let me use it during a week when he was too busy to play.

A few weeks later, I did the same thing for another friend and looted a manastone on his character too. �� We’ll see how it goes when I camp one!
^ glad u got to loot manastones for ur friends...but...i think your post sums up how big a fail the list system really is, haha.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ glad u got to loot manastones for ur friends...but...i think your post sums up how big a fail the list system really is, haha.
I actually like the /list system and I wouldn’t call it a fail myself, but perhaps that’s merely because I have a flexible work schedule and I am confident I’ll be able to get friends to log Naala in so I can sleep.

Anyway, to your point, both of my friends were on the list for 3 or 4 days. One of them had already /listed for the manastone camp and had failed somehow after 3 days. Maybe twice? I can’t remember. So if that sounds like a bad system to you, then yeah. It’s pretty extreme.
Closed Thread