Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Default I hate canni dancing

I'm only level 30, but it is so tedious that I am thinking of rolling another class. Even when I watch twitch and see a high level Shammy constantly standing, canni, sit, over and over and over and over it hurts my heart. I have really enjoyed my shaman so far, but I don't know if this is the path for me.

/end journal
Old 04-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

There's playing a game, and then there's working for a game. A LOT of people on this server are fans of the latter, but some of us still remember the reason we're doing all this is to have fun.

If you're the type of person who just wants to have fun, then screw Cann-dancing. I promise that even if you refuse to ever Canni-dance, and instead just do four or five Cannibalizes in a row then sit there and med for a bit like a sane person, you will not miss out on that much mana (just a few med ticks worth, which certainly isn't enough to stop you from defeating most content in this game).

Now of course, if you're in a tense situation where a few more points of mana might save your life (eg. if you or your group mates just pulled a bunch of adds) then yeah Canni-dancing might make a difference, but that sort of circumstance should be < 1% of your overall play time.

In other words, don't give up on your Shaman if you're just here to have fun; give up Canni-dancing instead.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-10-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Old 04-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Try casting minor heal on yourself 50 times after each fight

#rangerproblems
Old 04-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

#rangerproblems
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That made me smile IRL. Everything is relative ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

#rangerproblems
I hope you're doing the healing dance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Canni dancing is for min/maxing sweaty nerds. Stand and cast.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

` a high level Shammy constantly standing, canni, sit, over and over and over and over`

might be using a programable keyboard etc

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 04-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you're doing the healing dance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have it hotkeyed to my keyboard so I just spam the crap out of it while I watch TV lol
Old 04-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Aviak

make a macro. even if you don't pay attention to the med ticks, you're bound to catch some randomly.
/stand
/cast 1
/pause x (forget length)
/sit
Old 04-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I have it hotkeyed to my keyboard so I just spam the crap out of it while I watch TV lol
^cause of 90% of my canni deaths

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Closed Thread