Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is a simulation designed to test the mechanisms in which groups with a shared background will agree upon a false history none of them previously experienced.
That explains the devoted adherence to classic mechanics, they only want people who actually played back then and went through staring at spellbooks.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

I will say that my EQ guild on live was way, way worse mechanically than my EQ guild on P99, and still managed to kill the same content.

Sontalak, for example, was killed without any wort pots / reapers / soulfires on a regular basis.

Some stuff does feel over-tuned for sure, but I definitely don't remember pushing mobs around the room on live. We were either draining or bashing, and I don't know which it was.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Sontalak is a matter of resist code being very different here than back then right? I don't know specifics but I don't reall eating this much fear and ae damage on those fights when you are able to get to 255.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

patch 50: return of the knights
Old 10-01-2019, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sontalak is a matter of resist code being very different here than back then right? I don't know specifics but I don't reall eating this much fear and ae damage on those fights when you are able to get to 255.

Yes there is a rather famous bug thread on that, these dragon ae spells are lures and shouldn't be.
Closed Thread