Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People with brains sell people like you soy milk and burgers. Classic case of the rich getting richer and the dumb getting poorer. No hypocrisy in selling people what they want. Thats just capitalism 101.
Enjoy your estrogen induced man boobs and low T.
Don't let Trump losing make you bitter, bro.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does Riot peak at 4AM on weekdays when server sleeps?
There’s no one there to train them. I guess that makes it easier.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't let Trump losing make you bitter, bro.
I was going to write a snarky reply to this, but as I was travelling for work today I was listening to a podcast and near the end something caught my attention. There's a variety of people on this forum with differing opinions on stuff in the real world and most often it comes out in jabs and derogatory messages. I don't post much, but outside of the trading hub bump or occasional blue sever chat reply usually enchanter related, I sometimes randomly reply in r&f to things I think are stupid.

The last part is what I wanted to address. I think the whole podcast is is worth listening to but if you want to skip ahead, it is at about 2:13:00 that got me thinking of these sorts of back and forth I get into from time to time both here and in real life. What he describes can sum me up pretty accurately sometimes when he's talking about contempt of other people's thoughts or philosophies, and his own analysis I think is more insightful than mine which is to casually dismiss someone else's point of view, and I'm not the only one around here like that.

I realize R&F isn't the place to rationally hash out differences but if people can apply it to other aspects of their lives while interacting with other people I think it would be a positive thing. Something to think about anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA4Bkybx1ps
Jocko Willlink on Jordan Peterson's show
Old 04-12-2021, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to write a snarky reply to this, but as I was travelling for work today I was listening to a podcast and near the end something caught my attention. There's a variety of people on this forum with differing opinions on stuff in the real world and most often it comes out in jabs and derogatory messages. I don't post much, but outside of the trading hub bump or occasional blue sever chat reply usually enchanter related, I sometimes randomly reply in r&f to things I think are stupid.

The last part is what I wanted to address. I think the whole podcast is is worth listening to but if you want to skip ahead, it is at about 2:13:00 that got me thinking of these sorts of back and forth I get into from time to time both here and in real life. What he describes can sum me up pretty accurately sometimes when he's talking about contempt of other people's thoughts or philosophies, and his own analysis I think is more insightful than mine which is to casually dismiss someone else's point of view, and I'm not the only one around here like that.

I realize R&F isn't the place to rationally hash out differences but if people can apply it to other aspects of their lives while interacting with other people I think it would be a positive thing. Something to think about anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA4Bkybx1ps
Jocko Willlink on Jordan Peterson's show
Nobody cares about your benzo addict self-help guru, bro.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:40 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolplayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, loststalker, training, and cheating as you say totally captures the whole culture and experience of the server. Nailed it bud
Yep, casting fake buffs on other guilds kiters to try and trick them, intentionally dispelling slow off other guilds raid mobs, training and killing mobs they are supposed to be conceded on or were told specifically to leave alone by GM's (oops we misread that, our bad) is capturing the experience everyone wants as well. But hey, it's only Vanquish that does the wrong thing!! More free pixels please!
Old 04-13-2021, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, casting fake buffs on other guilds kiters to try and trick them, intentionally dispelling slow off other guilds raid mobs, training and killing mobs they are supposed to be conceded on or were told specifically to leave alone by GM's (oops we misread that, our bad) is capturing the experience everyone wants as well. But hey, it's only Vanquish that does the wrong thing!! More free pixels please!
these are all examples of stuff vanquish did, right?
Old 04-13-2021, 01:46 AM
Large Rat

Got any evidence? Another kitty attached to Riot's ass. Don't worry guys, you two are basically the one entity now, Kriot. When you gonna merge?
Old 04-13-2021, 03:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casting fake buffs: happened once, person was reprimanded immediately and stopped.

Dispelling slow: person was guild removed immediately.

Training: I'm going to guess you're talking about windbardy winning the rng lottery while standing in amongst a group of frag and getting agro on a resetting train away that was trained by... wait for it, frag.

I have to hand it to you wokka you're fantastic at bad faith arguing and gaslighting. I would expect nothing less from a full on vanq koolaid drinker. Should we talk about how vanq wiped riot in aary hall then decided to fte and kill gore while riot was CR'ing and vanq doesn't pause and help cr until after gore is dead so riot has no shot at killing fesh while vanq is locked? Text book vanq play there. Take full advantage of having wiped another raid force to fte and kill as many mobs as possible while either not helping at all or doing the bare minimum.

If riot steals a pack of gum and vanq robs a bank well look at that both are the same right? Both are thieves! This is the crux if every vanq argument ever made trying to say that "riot is no better than us!". Keep telling yourself that. There's a reason why nearly every other guild on the server has great relationship with riot and basically everyone would love for vanq to fuck right off the server.

Your guild is full of the worst people on the server. The biggest assholes and cheaters. Unfortunately for everyone else you all get off on playing the bully that no one likes.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casting fake buffs: happened once, person was reprimanded immediately and stopped.

Dispelling slow: person was guild removed immediately.

Training: I'm going to guess you're talking about windbardy winning the rng lottery while standing in amongst a group of frag and getting agro on a resetting train away that was trained by... wait for it, frag.

I have to hand it to you wokka you're fantastic at bad faith arguing and gaslighting. I would expect nothing less from a full on vanq koolaid drinker. Should we talk about how vanq wiped riot in aary hall then decided to fte and kill gore while riot was CR'ing and vanq doesn't pause and help cr until after gore is dead so riot has no shot at killing fesh while vanq is locked? Text book vanq play there. Take full advantage of having wiped another raid force to fte and kill as many mobs as possible while either not helping at all or doing the bare minimum.

If riot steals a pack of gum and vanq robs a bank well look at that both are the same right? Both are thieves! This is the crux if every vanq argument ever made trying to say that "riot is no better than us!". Keep telling yourself that. There's a reason why nearly every other guild on the server has great relationship with riot and basically everyone would love for vanq to fuck right off the server.

Your guild is full of the worst people on the server. The biggest assholes and cheaters. Unfortunately for everyone else you all get off on playing the bully that no one likes.
This is what kittens with full blown autism sounds like, hope that helps.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:28 AM
Kobold

lots of bros being thrown around
Closed Thread