Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that the dude is a pussy IRL, but I actually get in better shape when I play EverQuest because of the fact that it has a lot of down time. I literally do a set of pull-ups and pushups in between every single 6 minute spawn. Have an aluminum pull-up bar right behind my computers for this purpose.

And I constantly complain to my real-life friends that it annoys me when they force me to play WoW classic with them because there's literally no down time and I never get out of my chair. Like I can't just log on WoW classic and do something without one of them inviting themselves to my group and then dragging me along from pointless quest to pointless quest for hours on end. On EQ I can log on, set up a camp, kill something, pace around my room doing pull-ups and pushups, kill something, pace around my room doing pull-ups and pushups.. no other game is really like this. Even when I play a Cleric, if I have a good group I can kind of be doing pullups 10 feet away and still have plenty of time to respond if something bad happens.

Also EverQuest kind of cured my alcoholism, which has done wonders my diet. One of my favorite things in the world to do is to get drunk AF and play WoW Arenas... that doesn't work with EQ.. EQ requires a lot of focus and stamina to play comparatively... although I did get drunk to get through 45 both times on P99 Green...
bro, roll a wizard, bro, on red99 asap bro
Old 05-01-2021, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

that pickle is fucking disgusting and filthy.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:02 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that the dude is a pussy IRL, but I actually get in better shape when I play EverQuest because of the fact that it has a lot of down time. I literally do a set of pull-ups and pushups in between every single 6 minute spawn. Have an aluminum pull-up bar right behind my computers for this purpose.

And I constantly complain to my real-life friends that it annoys me when they force me to play WoW classic with them because there's literally no down time and I never get out of my chair. Like I can't just log on WoW classic and do something without one of them inviting themselves to my group and then dragging me along from pointless quest to pointless quest for hours on end. On EQ I can log on, set up a camp, kill something, pace around my room doing pull-ups and pushups, kill something, pace around my room doing pull-ups and pushups.. no other game is really like this. Even when I play a Cleric, if I have a good group I can kind of be doing pullups 10 feet away and still have plenty of time to respond if something bad happens.

Also EverQuest kind of cured my alcoholism, which has done wonders my diet. One of my favorite things in the world to do is to get drunk AF and play WoW Arenas... that doesn't work with EQ.. EQ requires a lot of focus and stamina to play comparatively... although I did get drunk to get through 45 both times on P99 Green...
If you are sitting at a one mob spawn and waiting 6 minutes between that one spawn are you really even playing the game?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vynsticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are sitting at a one mob spawn and waiting 6 minutes between that one spawn are you really even playing the game?
I mean, how many players do you see doing this to guards and spectres 24/7 on all 3 p99 servers? The answer is dozens.

I couldn't find a group on Red or Blue if I actually tried.. trust me, I didn't make a Cleric on Blue because I thought it would be fun to solo all the way to level 50.. I would have picked literally any other class if I knew that would be the case
Old 05-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
I mean, how many players do you see doing this to guards and spectres 24/7 on all 3 p99 servers? The answer is dozens.

I couldn't find a group on Red or Blue if I actually tried.. trust me, I didn't make a Cleric on Blue because I thought it would be fun to solo all the way to level 50.. I would have picked literally any other class if I knew that would be the case
not to mention the actual camp camps... like Guk... where people fight over spawns that are on a 28 minute timer

this is nothing new... i was even doing this 20 years ago because down time in this game is huge and even when it isnt... you can take the time to do 10 pull ups or 50 pushups without really missing a beat
Old 05-01-2021, 11:27 AM
Banned

drugs and unemployment
Old 05-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:

cleric is fun to solo to 50 fam
Old 05-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cleric is fun to solo to 50 fam
yeah afk farming a single mob while I watch monks, necros, shamans, even SKs kill like 5-6 of them while i sit here oom hoping my next spawn doesnt resist any of my nukes becus i will die ...

very fun and rewarding gameplay

and of course as soon as you hit level 49, all the people who never had any use for you as they sped level passed you will suddenly expect you to rez them
Old 05-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

@Furoar
If The Person You Care About Is In Crisis, Please Encourage Them To Seek Help Immediately. Direct Them To Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) To Reach A 24-Hour Crisis Center, Text MHA To 741741, Call 911, Or Go To The Nearest Emergency Room. You Can Also Call These Numbers If You Fear For Someone's Safety Or Life.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for the weekly cringe. See you all at the next one.
Closed Thread