Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goal is to hunt Neriads to farm https://wiki.project1999.com/Runed_Sea_Shell for the 7th coldain shawl quest.
The shells drop off of sirens not mermaids
Old 11-08-2021, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Is the Wiki mistaken then?

The page for the item https://wiki.project1999.com/Runed_Sea_Shell and from the mob https://wiki.project1999.com/A_neriad_maiden appear to say otherwise.

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 11-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

I totally understand the notion of wanting to farm an item / complete a quest yourself.

This one is well worth the 1k plat to skip.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the Wiki mistaken then?

The page for the item https://wiki.project1999.com/Runed_Sea_Shell and from the mob https://wiki.project1999.com/A_neriad_maiden appear to say otherwise.
Yes it's incorrect. Only drops from sirens
Old 11-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Banned

you're going to need some people who are cracked at the game to help you

I tried soloing a few times down here but these guys hit like absolute trucks

it's best to get an enchanter always when it comes to these type of zones
Last edited by Tunabros; 11-08-2021 at 04:37 PM..
Old 11-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Now, I want to try again. One thing I might try is to use my pet/eye of zomm to pull the first seahorses away from the choke point. However, one thing that I noticed is that the mob who killed me was an enthralled bulthar. I have no idea where it comes from (didn't even see it before dying, but saw the damage). Since it isn't a fish, it won't stop following me if I jump out of the water. My questions are therefore:

1) Any tips on how to reach the eastern temple? The Siren hunting guide says it requires practice. How can I succeed with the least amounts of trial/error (need a necro to summon my corpse every time).

2) Any idea on where this bulthar comes from? How do I avoid aggroing it?

Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you come in from CS, invis past first set of mobs and and wait on the ledge to the right. There is a swimming bulthar or ulthork pather in the water. Watch it a few times and see the point that it gets the most to the left. That's when you want to dive in and swim right. Hug the right wall and once you clear the tunnel start jumping at the surface to clear seahorse aggro while continuing to swim forward. The bulthar that killed you is on a ledge above and behind you as you exit the tunnel. It will aggro if you are out in the middle of the water, but not if you are hugging the wall (at least it didn't aggro my druid at 57). From this point it's easy. Swim while occasionally jumping and you can make it to the temple. Exit water in the center between the 2 sirens at the temple.

I would not recommend using eye of zomm btw. It has a huge aggro range, and if you get an ulthork or bulthar aggro you will need to die or zone.

If anyone in your friend group has an enchanter, I'd recommend they come over and scout for you. If they haven't killed there before, the level 12 alliance spell is enough to make them non-kos throughout the zone. You can check mob pathing etc safely before attempting it.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the tips! I can't wait to try it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Harvest, thank you so much for the offer, but I really really want to succeed on this one on my own! If I change my mind, I'll make sure to send you a message.

Concerning parking a CotH mage there, how would one target people to join the group? I'm guessing the mage would bind at the eastern temple shore and summon an eye of zomm and OT hammer off of it? Is this how it works? Or would the level 1 eye aggro the icy servants and sirens around the temple?

Cheers!
No worries man, completely understand. Good luck with the quest 👍

For Coth we use our gnome mage, face into the wall and summon an eye, eye drops at WW zoneline. Time it so you don't hit the Bulthar pather then invite anyone who wants cothed.

It is actually a fairly simple run in with invis if you know the way, but when we had a couple of groups worth of people coming in and out it was inevitable at least one would screw it and train the rest. Coth just takes the pain away.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Hello! Check out my vid here. This shows a pretty easy path to temple. If you need some help with it hit me up in game! Name is Zannis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXUXc-ekGw
Old 11-10-2021, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! Check out my vid here. This shows a pretty easy path to temple. If you need some help with it hit me up in game! Name is Zannis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXUXc-ekGw
I did see it and this is what gave me hope of reaching the spot! I also saw where that pesky Bulthar is (also thank you Tethler for the info!).

Unfortunately, if the shell only drops from sirens and not neriads, I doubt a druid/mage duo could do it... I will have to wait until all our team is back in the game (Pally/Cleric/Mage/Druid) and most of them are playing New World now... I'll keep you updated when I try again!

Thank you so much everyone for the valuable information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 11-12-2021, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I did see it and this is what gave me hope of reaching the spot! I also saw where that pesky Bulthar is (also thank you Tethler for the info!).

Unfortunately, if the shell only drops from sirens and not neriads, I doubt a druid/mage duo could do it... I will have to wait until all our team is back in the game (Pally/Cleric/Mage/Druid) and most of them are playing New World now... I'll keep you updated when I try again!

Thank you so much everyone for the valuable information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, waiting for more people is likely the best course here. You could druid charm a seahorse and pull a siren into the water. With hasted seahorse, mage pet, and some mage nukes, you could probably kill sirens before they kill the seahorse. Though if you get a charm break, you'll likely just get summoned and die since the siren can follow you out of the water.