Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Default Dear, anti-afk-check people, how's that AC list?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I predicted Manastone /list would blow up to 50+ if there were no AFK checks.

And these boots don't ever leave the game.

Sincerely,
Mannastradamus
Old 05-20-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly, having been here awhile and having done /list, done player agreement rolls, done "waiting for my turn for a camp", etc. ... AFK checks are almost my least favorite thing in any system. They are not classic EverQuest ... and this is supposed to be a place that celebrates classic EverQuest!

The only good thing about the AFK checks are that they're part of a larger system that discourages monopolization. AFK checks may suck, but they beat the heck out of a few insane nerds hogging certain items to themselves (which did happen on Blue in the past, and undoubtedly would have occurred to legacy item camps without the /list system).

But, as I've said in many other threads, we don't have to just accept a terribly unclassic and not-EverQuest thing (clicking a box every fifteen minutes) to avoid the worse thing (five guys monopolizing a camp). There are third (and fourth, and fifth, and ...) options.

Each one requires custom programming work by the staff, so I understand them not wanting to try a million systems ... but ultimately I do hope they can find a way to make a "/list 2.0" someday.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-20-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

it should be pretty easy for a computer to click gthe 'ok' buttons in fact 1 computer could handle like 10 afk checks by just routing commands around

what is really strange to me is why people invest the effort in botting at all, especially on servers where they aren't welcome when there are so many servers that allow massive levels of automation

yet they come to p99 and try to get away with unattended gameplay lol

idk..

PVP is the solution FFA no level limit, just leave it at that, let anyone kill anyone anywhere anytime anyway they want including exp deaths and trains

delete all blue servers
Last edited by magnetaress; 05-20-2020 at 12:10 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

it's immoral to take an item from another player or hurt a mob another player wants

basically u should be a collective with a hive mentality, thats what "the real good guilds" like Ghxst and Seal Team Six are anyway

very uncreative gameplay peoples
Old 05-20-2020, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's immoral to take an item from another player or hurt a mob another player wants
I think looking at people playing EQ as a morality issue (when it's not something like RMT that threatens this place's very existence) is the wrong way to look at it.

EQ is a system. People in that system will do what they need to do get their dopamine (pixels). The staff can and should make that system work however they want: they're putting all the time and money in, so there is no "morality" involved. It's just a question of "what do the people who make this place want?", and as long as people are playing the game the staff wanted to make it's "good".

But they've made one thing crystal clear: "what they want" is classic EverQuest. I just believe a "/list 2.0" system could achieve something closer to their goal ... ie. closer to classic .

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-20-2020 at 12:19 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think looking at people playing EQ as a morality issue (when it's not something like RMT that threatens this place's very existence) is the wrong way to look at it.

EQ is a system. People in that system will do what they need to do get their dopamine (pixels). The staff can and should make that system work however they want: they're putting all the time and money in, so there is no "morality" involved, just "what do the people who make this place want?"

But they've made one thing crystal clear: "what they want" is classic EverQuest. I just believe a "/list 2.0" system could achieve something closer to classic (as we'll never be able to get 100% back because of player knowledge and better internet connections and all that).
omg u actually convinced me you are 100% right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2020, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Well with that checked off my list, can we talk about your contributing to the wiki now?

Old 05-20-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

I almost did, i actually made this text file

Code:
ulthork totals
SLT	WT	AC	INT	WIS	STR	STA	CHA	DEX	HP	MANA	
Brc	1	6	-1	+1	0	0	0	0	0	0
Brc	1	6	-1	+1	0	0	0	0	0	0
Hd	.6	8	0	0	3	-3	0	0	0	0
Nck	.5	7	0	0	0	0	0	0	30	-30
Glv	1.5	8	3	0	0	0	-3	0	0	0
Bts	2.5	8	0	-3	0	0	0	+3	0	0
Lgs	4	9	-3	0	0	0	+3	0	0	0
Arms	1.5	8	0	+3	0	0	0	-3	0	0
Chst	3.5	13	0	+3	0	0	-5	0	-35	+35
All	16.1	73	-5	+5	3	-3	-5	0	-5	+5
but i wasn't able to log in
Old 05-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but i wasn't able to log in

Try going to https://wiki.project1999.com

Old 05-20-2020, 12:42 PM
Banned

Closed Thread