Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

i feel like if you could rez IRL you'd be snatched up and kept in a cage by the Illuminati
Old 11-05-2021, 12:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We already talked about this and the best Irl spell would be invigor
Must not have been a very good discussion, as Acumen would be better (field of view + night vision + stamina regen). Besides endurance wouldn't allow you to do anything particularly different - you can just do more of the things you already can. If you were a fat, lazy slob, having infinite endurance won't be habit changing. Even if cast on others it wouldn't change the world. More utility would exist in cure disease, objectively speaking.

Personally, I strive to extend my healthy years as long as possible. So something like Avatar (superhuman stat boost) or Divine Intervention (if on death I just get a full-health reset) would be best. Akin to immortality if used into perpetuity - Bleeding out? 6 second cast time and you're good for 10 mins. Serious illness? cast it and suicide.

Fun thought experiment. May change my mind based on other's answers. Invis sounds fun at first glimpse but infra-red or similar technology would likely defeat it.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nark_Sinseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must not have been a very good discussion, as Acumen would be better (field of view + night vision + stamina regen). Besides endurance wouldn't allow you to do anything particularly different - you can just do more of the things you already can. If you were a fat, lazy slob, having infinite endurance won't be habit changing. Even if cast on others it wouldn't change the world. More utility would exist in cure disease, objectively speaking.

Personally, I strive to extend my healthy years as long as possible. So something like Avatar (superhuman stat boost) or Divine Intervention (if on death I just get a full-health reset) would be best. Akin to immortality if used into perpetuity - Bleeding out? 6 second cast time and you're good for 10 mins. Serious illness? cast it and suicide.

Fun thought experiment. May change my mind based on other's answers. Invis sounds fun at first glimpse but infra-red or similar technology would likely defeat it.
Any of the spells that incorporate infinite stamina would be equal to invigor of course.

With infinite vigor your body could heal itself and you would live to be 150 anyways.

The previous discussion was more about how when it comes to real life - spells that are not even used in EQ like invigor end up being pretty OP.

I think the though call would be between a mental spell and a physical spell. Both are connected but some people struggle more with one than the other. If you always had the mental feeling of clarity / enlightenment you could do much with life and even theoretically control a lot of your physical body directly and produce stamina etc.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-05-2021 at 01:46 PM..
Old 11-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine being able to sprint and swim untiring. Get by on minimal sleep. Not need recovery days after gym.

You may be right.

Almost as good as never being caught by surprise.

I wonder which eq spells/buffs spider man has active? Obviously sentinel for spidey senses and invigour for his incredible fitness... maybe his web swinging is shadowstep?
Old 11-05-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Gustoo makes a good point about invigor, but may give it too much credit, as it would only recover your stamina, and no other stats or health benefits. STA doesn't affect ones lifespan, intelligence or creativity.

basically would just replenish some chemical energy, and nothing else. So you'd be the equivalent of a triathlete. Definitely useful, but limited in scope
Old 11-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine being able to sprint and swim untiring. Get by on minimal sleep. Not need recovery days after gym?
That’s almost doable now with enough PED’s (performance enhancing drugs) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2021, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gustoo makes a good point about invigor, but may give it too much credit, as it would only recover your stamina, and no other stats or health benefits. STA doesn't affect ones lifespan, intelligence or creativity.

basically would just replenish some chemical energy, and nothing else. So you'd be the equivalent of a triathlete. Definitely useful, but limited in scope
Stamina in real life isn’t limited to chemical energy.

But if that’s the perspective then I think an enchanter mind fixing spell might be the top pick.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Banned

Illusion dark elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2021, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn out of left field with a win.

Being locked up in government lab not so good you'd have to keep it on the DL.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well you'd win every halloween costume contest
Closed Thread