Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is purporting the bow is the ultimate weapon and pinnacle of the SK class, but proclaiming it completely useless is wrong.
I think the poster was honing in on the fact that two bows were mentioned that cannot be used by a SK. The cheapest “decent” bow for SK’s is the Runed Oak (like 200p) and it has 125 range so unless the OP wants to fletch it’s quite marginal as a pulling tool.

Yes though, plenty of ways to play this game. Prob the OP should focus on levels, buying spells, a decent weapon, and filling slots with budget HP gear.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pulling multiple mobs at the same time that arent close enough to/wont social agro, cast agro spell on one then immediately fire off an arrow at the other one
Thanks for responding. I figured something like that, but wanted to be sure. That's the type of use I regard as fluff: Doesn't hurt to do it this way, but isn't necessary either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I aint an expert on the SK class
This is obvious. Trying to say hybrids can use archery like Warriors can is akin to trying to tell a Druid he can melee like a Ranger because both of them can hold weapons. Take a look at hybrid skillcaps for archery and you should quickly see the difference. Archery on a hybrid gets used mostly for fluff like Pheer's post where he uses it mostly because he doesn't want to wait a second. No need to get up in arms...I ain't telling people not to use archery if they really like slinging arrows, I'm telling 'em that if they don't feel like using it they don't need to and likely won't notice the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cheapest “decent” bow for SK’s is the Runed Oak (like 200p) and it has 125 range so unless the OP wants to fletch it’s quite marginal as a pulling tool.
I have a Bow of the Underfoot, which works well enough on the rare occasions I take it out of the bank. Can't buy it in East Commons though. I don't use the thing often enough to bother finding anything better.

Danth
Old 02-11-2018, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for responding. I figured something like that, but wanted to be sure. That's the type of use I regard as fluff: Doesn't hurt to do it this way, but isn't necessary either.
I wouldnt really call it fluff. Its necessary for the way i start trainups and its very useful to be able to tag a mob while still moving. And sometimes I want to just tag a mob and get on its agro list without hitting it with an agro spell that will rip it straight to me. For just a casual player doing group content? Yeah you could probably live without one but I dont see any reason not to have it. I think of it as just one more little bit of extra utility. Telling an SK not to carry a bow to me would be like telling a Necro not to carry EEs or a rogue that theyre dumb to carry rings of shadows. Like yeah the situations where you would need/want them may be few and possibly far between, but personally i would rather have that option if the situation arises

This whole discussion is kind of getting OP's thread off-track tho as its a moot point for a level 7 fresh main SK since they wont have the cash to be wasting money on lots of arrows or even a decent bow in the first place.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Banned

Fletching arrows is an excellent way to get immersed into your character.
Closed Thread