Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AexDestroy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The line for camp should be based on whos actually in line.
like sitting there, waiting in line for your turn on the drop.
I'd prefer it be like this too.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

1. Show up directly to camp and inform person there that you will be taking over the camp when THEY leave. Take a screenshot of this.

2. Sit at the camp and do not leave. As long as you physically stay at the camp you are next in line.

3. When they leave and try to pass it off bitch, complain, and petition. If you can get friends in to help you out DPS them do so.

4. Be a hypocrite and pass the camp off to a friend in your guild when you are done.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

You know how people would be forced to give up camps like this in classic eq? Servers would come down for patches and all the camps would be given a clean slate - whoever got to the mob first would take over the camp.

But that isnt the way it works on this server, instead a ruling was made for the camp to remain with the people who had it before the server went down instead of the person first at the camp post patch, not-coincidentally in this case leading to gothic circle having the camp for the past 4 days straight.

To clarify exactly what guide Drommund told me, for others in this situation. (He told me he was making a post about this, had it written and was just awating GM approval to post it... 3 days ago).

If I were to be camping the evil eye and the server went down for a patch - be it 5 minutes, 15 minutes or 6 hours, if I login back to that camp within 10 minutes of the server coming back up it is mine.

I'd highly recommend everyone exploit this ruling to keep their favorite items leaving the game soon entirely locked down, as the clever folks in gothic circle have obviously already decided to do with the manastone =D

Edit: Read the camp rules DrPlump, a player can pass off a camp to whoever they want to so that also will not work.
Last edited by yaaaflow; 02-21-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Sarnak

In that case never ever leave as camp always sell it to the highest bidder. If the item your camping is lore and you already have one just tell them that you will continue to camp it and destroy extra copies unless they pay you for camp. After all its YOUR CAMP.

Also half the server is in Gothic Circle so it makes sense that you would always see them camping it.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Show up directly to camp and inform person there that you will be taking over the camp when THEY leave. Take a screenshot of this.

2. Sit at the camp and do not leave. As long as you physically stay at the camp you are next in line.

3. When they leave and try to pass it off bitch, complain, and petition. If you can get friends in to help you out DPS them do so.

4. Be a hypocrite and pass the camp off to a friend in your guild when you are done.

5. Profit.
Fix'd
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Sarnak

Current Manastone List:
1. Gnulinux
2. Magicflow
3. Trimm
4. Goto 1
5. Hasbinbad
Old 02-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

Its OK guys, I just got word from Pikler of GC that they are letting people they think are deserving of manastones to have the camp for a while too, not just GC members. I, for one, thank them for handling the issue of distributing manastones - cheers guys!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current Manastone List:
1. Gnulinux
2. Magicflow
3. Trimm
4. Goto 1
5. Hasbinbad
I lol`d
Old 02-22-2010, 06:20 AM
VIP / Contributor

Just as an FYI, Rule 4 and Rule 1 apply to this so-called 'list'.

If any Gothic Circle person demonstrates the inability to hold a camp (IE: druid sitting there at the spawn, "claiming" it), they will not be able to have rights to it. If needed, post on the petitions/exploits forum and we will handle it. If an arguement launches, both parties are highly encouraged to post their side of the story in the petitions/exploits forum for further examination.

In addition, if you are at a camp, you must stay there the entire time. Make sure if you are doing shifts that you have a person at the camp at all times, or even do a /shout Camp Check! to see what camps are taken. If no one responds, they are obviously afk, and Rule 6 applies.

If you want to no life a camp with your guild, under the current policy it is allowed.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Banned

If you want to no life a camp with your guild, under the current policy it is allowed.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread