Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Default Another dsetup.dll issue

I copied my blue files and renamed the folder for the green beta. Everything is the same, but I did forget to put the new green folder on the exceptions list for windows defender (I'm on win 10). When I try to start green I get to the char select, kind of. It shows no character window and has a large box that says "One or more of your Everquest Files are not the correct Titanium version for Project 1999. You will not be able to play until the files listed in red are replaced with correct versions." Then it has a link I can click to the P99 website that says I don't have permission to view it and below that: "DSETUP.DLL (799362095)"

So I put the green folder on the exceptions list for defender, as well as dsetup.dll. It still didn't work so I deleted dsetup.dll from the folder and re-unzipped the 50e spells file to get a fresh copy. That didn't work either. I checked defender and no files have recently been quarantined and there have been no recent threats. dsetup.dll is not being deleted from my folder. It stays where it is but it somehow isn't the correct one. I've read a bunch of the other threads about this issue and I'm not sure what else to do. It doesn't seem to be defender doing this and I was able to log on green about a week ago and I haven't made any changes, P99 related or not, since then. I have no other anti-virus programs.

Edit: Bah, it's F files for green, E is for blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Fixed.
Last edited by curtischoy; 10-18-2019 at 10:48 PM..