Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Ive never made it to 50 before in EQ, I always played more UO back in 98-02, so I was wondering. For someone who isnt too familiar with the higher leveler zones in EQ, but has been playin MMOs for 12 years. If I were make a Mage and start playing about 6-10ish hours a day, around how long do you guys think it would take me to get 50? I know it depends on alot of different things but, just a rough est. how long do you all think?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never made it to 50 before in EQ, I always played more UO back in 98-02, so I was wondering. For someone who isnt too familiar with the higher leveler zones in EQ, but has been playin MMOs for 12 years. If I were make a Mage and start playing about 6-10ish hours a day, around how long do you guys think it would take me to get 50? I know it depends on alot of different things but, just a rough est. how long do you all think?
Roughly 3-4 weeks is all it would take, playing that many hours a day. You may find a problem getting into higher end guilds tho...since there are 50 bajillion (love that Day) mages on the server. Then again, maybe not...who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Kobold

I was hoping for a year of classic as work has pulled me out of the game for at least a month and probably another few weeks on top.

I'm having just a ton of fun with classic.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarniwooop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hoping for a year of classic
Me too! Life is a heck of lot more busy these days compared to 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, because Verant (and other servers) have changed it quite a bit since it's release. Case and point: Chardok. There's others I'm sure, but I didn't play Kunark when it was released so I'm not sure. That's just the easiest example.
But 90% of the spawns, items, quests etc will be the same so can just be ported across from PEQ. People are talking like they're gonna have to recode every quest in perl and determine every mob's spawnpoint, which shouldn't be needed if the other eqemu projects share that info.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But 90% of the spawns, items, quests etc will be the same so can just be ported across from PEQ. People are talking like they're gonna have to recode every quest in perl and determine every mob's spawnpoint, which shouldn't be needed if the other eqemu projects share that info.
Assuming the 90% figure is accurate, don't assume that 10% of Kunark is some trivial amount of content.

There's also the project unto itself of determining what changed since then, and when, where, and how. Also not trivial, especially considering PEQ is known to contain quite a bit of custom content. Identifying that should be a little easier, but what do I know.

Further, I imagine that the Kunark stuff will only get looked into heavily once most of the issues with "classic" are worked out. I don't know whether the devs have already started in with Kunark, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice attempt to trivialize the effort involved by completely making up a statistic with no apparent familiarity with the project whatsoever. This game is free for us to play. Some respect and gratitude seem like the least we can return.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

90%? lol

Somebody never played back then to know the difference...
Old 03-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice attempt to trivialize the effort involved by completely making up a statistic with no apparent familiarity with the project whatsoever. This game is free for us to play. Some respect and gratitude seem like the least we can return.
Why do you guys have to be such dicks to eath other all the time? It seems like a lot of you guys jump at any chance to show someone up, flame them, flash your uber 1337 eq knowledge, and just generally use any opportunity to make your pathetic selves feel better by putting someone else down. You play a fucking decade+ old mmorpg and a lot of you derive way too much self importance from it. I feel sorry for a lot of you, you know who you are.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Well, possibly, because someone made a wildly unreasonable claim and needed to be educated. Rudeness begets rudeness I suppose.
Closed Thread