Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecrimson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Orge Sk only way to go
watch out if you keep talking like this Brutillus might add you to his friends list.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

There are already more paladins and SKs than warriors. Why would anyone ever play a warrior if there is no benefit?

Removing a penalty from the rangers I could deal with, since even with a 200% exp bonus they still suck. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin
Hey, we need another poll for shit that isn't going to change.

Why not make another poll for ooc to be removed?

So much QQing.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are already more paladins and SKs than warriors. Why would anyone ever play a warrior if there is no benefit?
Come Kunark, there is no substitute for a Warrior.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Aviak

It is amazing how some people attack others for expressing an opinion. Those type of people tend to be fucking assholes. (just my opinion)
Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

It is amazing how some people feel such a sense of entitlement that they presume to micro-manage our capable and dedicated development staff.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermonican [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is amazing how some people attack others for expressing an opinion. Those type of people tend to be fucking assholes. (just my opinion)
It's perfectly fine to bash people for expressing their opinions, especially if their opinions have been beaten to death and heard over and over and over. This thread didn't bring anything new to the table. No new argument that we haven't heard before.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Personally I like the penalties the way they are for Ogre/Troll. This keeps fatties down to a minimum.

As for the hybrid penalties they are right on target for obvious reasons.

Finally I'd like to point out that stupid whining like the OP here is why live sucks donkey dick.

Plz don't make p1999 suck donkey dick.

Regards,
Jokesteve
Old 03-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the penalties aren't going away due to bitching. Sorry OP, I know that wasn't your intent.

Moving to Rants and Flames.

Flame on.

btw, we had to go out of the way to enable the penalties. I leveled a half elf paladin to 60 prior to the penalties being taken away on live. Don't play hybrids if you don't want penalties.
EHH.. i knew i'd get at least one dev response..but for the time it took me to make the post, i think i deserved a more cultivated response than 'stfu play'

dont play a hybrid if you dont want penalties.

/who all druid/necro
NecroQuest or DruidQuest. you take your pic

i'm just wanting the game to be more rounded. i dont wanna not pick a paladin, which BTW has ZEROOO reason for a penalty in respect to the int classes who can solo and get groups and port and buff lol
Old 03-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Project Manager

lol. My answer wasn't cultivated enough because I've responded to the same thread, different name like 20 times prior to this. It was discussed, at length, in beta. I myself found that same post over a year ago; it was then talked about and researched. This isn't my first day at this particular rodeo.

What makes everquest.. classic for one person might differ for the next person. To me, classic everquest was experience penalties, bad gear, and a depletable stamina bar, among other things.

The whole fact that it IS indeed classic, and people DO want it to stay should be enough reason for anyone. It's like saying we should take the snakes out of qeynos because 40% of the people think we should.

No offense to you, but, my response is still about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't play hybrids if you don't want penalties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm just wanting the game to be more rounded.
I understand where you're coming from, but balanced is NOT classic everquest.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

I AM SICK AND MOTHERFUCKIN' TIRED OF THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' SNAKES IN MOTHERFUCKIN' QEYNOS!!!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]