Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-07-2018, 01:34 AM
Orc

Default idea: Blockchain based Classic Everquest MMORPG + a fintech recommendation

Why put a MMORPG on a blockchain, ok...well here goes, I personally feel that we can re-create an even bigger buzz and community of players if certain things go live that will make it addictive and cheap for average players. One of the things it needs to play on hard is that I was thinking it would be almost like Everquest but with a social media construct directly on top of it, serving as forums for guilds to communicate, etc

if you designed a coin for Everquest, we could called it EverCoin, then make it will be POW mineable (people with graphics cards or cpus can mine it) and used in the game as game's currency. Just like it is case with regular cryptocurrencies, transfers between people would be possible and any coins used to buy things at NPC store as well as coins mined by game's maintainer will be distributed later back to players as quest rewards. there will be special blocks that contain data such as players' inventories, profiles and other things that are needed in such MMO. Sysop will be given the authority to change any data they like, where players would be allowed to change only their own data. In other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, the math problems that miners computers have to solve to mine a coin are arbitrary, abstract. In the case of using it for a mmorpg, these problems will be related to calculation of gamelogic such as enemy AI, NPCs and so on. Which would provide for a much more interesting experience of classic everquest, if certain variables were to be adjusted.

For storing/retrieving data, we can utilize the IPFS network developed by Consensys, on the Ethereum network. After sysop/dev develops the eq update, the update is then pushed to the players who in turn help host it, so there is less and less stress on the game's company servers the more people are playing. This removes need for game's servers and it can be one permanent universe. no bullshit. Another thing is that Everquest, or any game done this way would be essentially immortal as long as people are playing it and buying/selling the associated mineable cryptocoin (EverCoin, EQCoin, whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) , even if original developer is no longer around. It would also be invulnerable to questionable politics - as long as people want to play it, even if it isn't developed any further, no one will be able to pull the plug...it would be an eternal beast. and even game developers crypto coin exchange could be replaced by third-party site, then later integrated into the game as first-party one would be.

I'm not trying to shill anything up for any reason other than trying to share good information with people who love the only game that's really stuck with me my entire life, other than Space Quest 2, that damn root monster is something I never forgot~

Everquest has been a game I've loved since I was 15. I feel like it's graphics are outdated enough to include the certain things we will have to include to seize today's consciousnesses as ours were seized. Extra inclusions will have to be added to make this thing interesting to the idiotic masses. These inclusions, I feel that if it's centered around the social/community aspect of the game, we will be going in the right direction, as Everquest is largely addictive because of that part of it.

If you're interested in helping me develop this a step further please message me as I am in the process of creating a github, I will make it public so that the entire community can help, or comment, what -have-you. Please subscribe when I do that to keep up to date with things.

I've been doing lots of research - I do this for a living, fintech research. I figured since I spend a lot of time on this server playing Everquest I might as well share some things I'm learning about in the tech field. So I found out about this developing cryptocurrency named Aeternity, founded by the guy who's considered to be the Ethereum founder's right hand man. His nickname is actually the 'Godfather of Ethereum'- but that's face value crap. What sold me was the mobile mining. it is what sets Aeternity apart from all other stuff... is the fact that it is mineable from smartphones...it's called the "Cuckoo Cycle" - i checked up on their team, all the guys working on the code and the stuff they're updating on Github are all prodigious individuals. Now, I am invested in several other ICOs, but this is one that I have my eye on because they constantly update their github - every day - and there's a large team, 30+ people working on this project. Personally, I expect 1 Aeternity token to be worth 100.00 in December. Today, it's worth around 2.50.

I also hold Ripple, but wouldn't advise buying that one thinking it will go up to 100 by 2019. Ripple is 10-50 max by December. Aeternity actually probably will surpass 100; programs with so many prodigious members only go in one direction, just look at Ethereum. TRX would be a good cheap one to get if you had a few bucks left over after making your purchase, the CEO of that one is the protege of the Alibaba CEO.

P.S. - Ideas for extra social content would be, some kind of laid back dance club similar to how the Playstation network had on their setup years ago. I think travel should be revamped but made to look like it was done by Verant. Faster, but with extras, like bards on the ships that doubled as juke boxes that play QUALITY music that competes with Blizzard's Warcraft 2, even back then the soundtrack of War2 stomps today's games. I want to hear beautiful music played by bards, stuff like

this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdU6AGflrs is a really good song if you were to remove the spanish and replace it with the same tone of voice speaking Simlike language (Like, from the sims. Soom soom.) I think it would be a smart move to modify artists songs just slightly and remove their vocals, replace with Simmed up vocals and we could probably attain Blizzard sound quality for a fraction of the price. Klepacki is a guy who did Dune 2000 soundtrack, it was a really good soundtrack, he's talented and wouldn't be too much. maybe for title music and shit.

You could hold events in-game that players participated in, such as a large 1v1 duel situation, with trustless betting.

I am going to smoke a bowl of Rainbow Sherbert and reflect on my thoughts, logging into COM in a few minutes to XP with my Warrior, if anyone wants to group up toss me a message. even the edging nec I love so much. Happy New Years everybody

Quick shout out to Katti, Dark Elf Rogue lvl 34, haven't seen you in a few weeks. Not gonna pretend to fathom what you're going through. Told my dad about it. Respected his path
Old 02-18-2021, 09:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the link. And thank you for the information
Old 06-16-2023, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Im very interested DiSad, now please hold this hand grenade.
Old 06-18-2023, 09:43 PM
Large Rat

You can have my 20 bone chip NFTs for $500

and look at that nice rug the developers put down
Old 06-19-2023, 04:59 AM
Large Bat

This thread just needs to go away.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:21 AM
Kobold

Bro ... if you're this into crypto you ARE the idiotic masses.... you can't avoid fraud with NFTs or crypto because their whole structure IS fraud. Transparently a pyramid scheme.
Old 06-19-2023, 01:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Everquest is probably the furthest thing from a blockchain game. Those who like classic EQ like the challenge and progression of a fantasy world. Trying to bring real money into that is the antithesis of the entire concept.

I have heard arguments for a blockchain layer in multiplayer games that in theory make sense. For example - true ownership of in-game items, ease of social layers, etc. However these constructs are more easily created with central servers, and nothing about the blockchain is required for that. In practice a blockchain layer hugely complicates technical issues of the network layer, and is largely a terrible idea, since its hard to pull off cleanly, and even if you do the amount of tech debt involved would be huge.

Taking all this into account, the only real reason why any online game would use block chain is to swindle money from their players. And people would be smart to avoid such games. We have even seen steam recent completely ban blockchain games for this reason.
Old 06-19-2023, 06:36 PM
Orc

Default Blockchain

In short, blockchain is an idea to fix a problem that doesnt exist and to steal money from people who dont understand the technology.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:18 PM
Aviak

Rogean's integrity and security chops are our blockchains round here.
Old 06-22-2023, 04:32 PM
Large Rat

Sounds like there's a lot of fear, uncertainty and doubt here! "critical thought", "security" and being on the lookout for scams is overrated, just put money in the magic box and you'll get super duper rich and get the MMO of your dreams, I promise!
Once we reach our $1,000,000 milestone we'll hold a concert for members in the Metaverse featuring all of your favorite crypto enthusiast musical artists that will perform for free.

If you need to contact me I may be slow to respond since I'm on the run from the SEC ever since they started a witchhunt for true innovators and free thinkers, but hodl and we'll be on our way to the moon!