Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

This is interesting
Old 02-12-2019, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

I miss a certain poster who spent his forum time literally shouting at a wall.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Banned

wall not up
Old 02-20-2019, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wall not up
...yet
Old 02-20-2019, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wall not up
Nope.

They can probably see everyone that passes the border via eye in the sky anyway.

Quote:
Raymond is director of the Satellite Sentinel Project (SSP), which aims to use advanced satellite imagery to monitor potential human rights abuses in Sudan. And it was all Clooney's idea, turning him from just another Hollywood liberal with a pet cause to a genuine expert and campaigner on Sudan. Together with John Prendergast, another campaigner, Clooney has sneaked repeatedly into the country to document the random bombing of civilians and other atrocities.
The wall came about when some Mexicans were flexing on the Rogan board.

And the ebola scare

Quote:
So far, Nigeria and Kenya have set up health stations at land crossings, ports, and airports to check the temperature of travelers whose trips began in the DRC. There are no reports yet of people being turned away if they are feverish, but their itineraries are recorded in case they need to be tracked down afterward. If this outbreak expands, such interruptions to travel could too; seven countries instituted border checks during a small outbreak last year.

Checking people at the border—or even closing borders entirely against travelers from an infected zone—feels intuitively right, an easy solution for keeping disease at bay. (During the 2014-16 epidemic, President Donald Trump—not yet a candidate at that point—called for grounding all flights from West Africa, and said that humanitarian medical personnel who contracted the disease should be left there to die.)
Old 02-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Banned

it was originally a D&D/Elder Scrolls meme used to fuck with em.

A real wall would be less a deterrent than it is a statement. Mexico paying for it would be having to deal with their own citizens and the amount of untaxed US dollars not crossing the border from under the table work here. It was never like asking them for money directly.

The things are the way they are because they are supposed to be that way. All of this was nothing more than annoyance to the way things are.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:14 AM
Banned

Pancho Villa!
Old 02-20-2019, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...yet
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 AM
Banned

It was less an issue for me than it was for a portion of my fellow countrymen. I don't live in the border states or god forsaken California.

I was talking to a Canadian guildmate a few weeks ago over TS. He mentioned that they are there now doing similar things as what is happening in the states.

I kept my mouth shut but my internal dialogue was a mixture of legit lol and anger. Turning everything into hate speech was something I distinctly remember seeing online in the mid 2000s. Protesting with anti-hate signs in Canada. Still under crown and sitting on us like a head crab.

Me: "Yeah, it is what it is"
Closed Thread