Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-13-2022, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe but if I’m making money on a video game, not sure I’ll targeting a hobby game with a following of 700-900 players on each green and blue.
https://www.firesofheaven.org/thread...6#post-3936034

"I mean, you're checking at like 4am which isn't really accurate. They're still getting like 700ish at prime time and plat is still worth 10$ per 1k. I don't play it anymore, I just sell stuff for friends on ectunnel.com. As cancer as the server is, it's not going anywhere anytime soon."

This is a former Kingdom member but it's all the same shit & representative of the entire P99 Green experience. A whole bunch of people who spent a decade+ playing on Blue and have gone out of their way to gatekeep all content on Green, propping up an inflated economy to help line their pockets. Especially legacy camps or anything perceived as being "valuable."

It's funny to me when people say shit like "Any new server on P99 will get quite a bit of attention." ... will it? Who the fuck wants to keep playing with these sort of people? Not me.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m a guy who never played blue, started on green in April 2020 but has played plenty of MMO’s in my lifetime to be able to see the big picture. What was that picture?! The federation at the time was getting their ass handed to them, interactions with other guilds as I was leveling was trash can. So when I decided I wanted to raid, I picked a guild I saw much more organized and efficient and was up to my standard of play. Guess where I am now? Bout to wake the sleeper and continue to raid and be competitive for KT, Statue, Dain, Doze, Vulak and other raid targets. How about yourself big guy??
Well I can't speak for anyone else but my troll shaman dinged 3 last night.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2022, 04:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by adruidarkly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think a single soul actually says they didn’t earn it by way of playing the game we all understand are playing. But the angles are cheesy and stupid. Like, they should just directly admit they had the best situation and worked it to your advantage, and are sick of socking the game and wanna trash the museum on the way out. No one can clown them on that cuz it’s real.
Ok so it seems you have some logical common sense.

Why would a guild do any of that? Game doesn’t stop post sleeper. Green isn’t even in chardok 2.0 yet. Everyone has this idea that ST is going to die because rampage did. Which they might, or they might not. Doesn’t mean the game stops, just priorities. Competition doesn’t go away, come quake or windows you still going to see sock’s and RTE.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Ok so it seems you have some logical common sense.

Why would a guild do any of that? Game doesn’t stop post sleeper. Green isn’t even in chardok 2.0 yet. Everyone has this idea that ST is going to die because rampage did. Which they might, or they might not. Doesn’t mean the game stops, just priorities. Competition doesn’t go away, come quake or windows you still going to see sock’s and RTE.
Why would a guild's mouthpiece tell the truth about their state of affairs? I dunno, pride? Denial? The members of a guild never lie, they say the truth its plain as day.

Truth is, a reason for this would have been found regardless. No matter what propa I see slung as the reason, like you said something about 'cheating' at raid targets etc. Theres any number of spins. They are all irrelevant when the truth is plainly stated by its members. I'm just glad its a concerted and conscious decision with a tag and names tied to it.

I doubt your guild will die, why would the guild who gets every Vulak ever die? You can split the loot with any number of starving guilds that exist on the server. The only thing that will really die is all the OG members and friends who get what they want or are sick of working hard to see things go to the warm body ally.

I do see a future with competition slowly dying, though, now that the priorities change from "keep out of sleeper's" to "keep out of the rest" but maybe I'll be wrong.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seal Team earned the right to do this, just as Rampage did. The only thing that bothers me is someone like Jutebox who, over on blue, cried for years about how my guilds locked content down and they don't want to play our style of play etc etc to the point of forcing one of the dumbest things to ever happen to P99: The Draft.

And yet there he is, on Green, in Seal Team who has done exactly what he supposedly despised and probably worse than any other guild ever did on blue.

Fake people and hypocrites are the worst type of people.
Tears so salty, tears so sweet.

Guess you didn't get the memo that the draft is loved on Blue, and who says I don't support it on Green? However, this is no apples to apples comparison. Blue is 7 years into Velious. Rampage rekt you and woke the Sleeper years ago, dooming you to an eternity of trying to get revenge on everyone else by denying them content. Blue is all the way at the end of timeline. I think its OK to do a draft 4 times a year under those conditions. However, if people put in the hard work, organized, and instituted a draft on Green, you wouldn't see me opposing it. Hell, they can even use the ruleset I wrote! Its open source [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My objection was never to dabbling in a end-game/hardcore competitive guild. It was submitting to asshole leaders that resort to cheating, like those in Vanquish. Hard pass on that! I don't regret my decision to experience warders, and now I guess I'll get to be part of the team waking the Sleeper. You can ask anyone in Seal Team and they will tell you that I tried to convince them to do a server-wide agreement to keep the Sleeper asleep. But in the end, it is the prisoner's dilemma, and fears that someone will wake it, no matter what, are authentic and amount to legitimate concerns.

Hope that helps.

-Jutebox
Old 04-13-2022, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure most folks bragging in this thread are over 50

Cringe
Old 04-13-2022, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure most folks bragging in this thread are over 50

Cringe
shut up! out of all the people who play an old game too much I play it too much the most and best.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

lol this thread is hilarious

old men tryin to brag like playground bullies

CRINGE
Old 04-13-2022, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomagradd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tears so salty, tears so sweet.

Guess you didn't get the memo that the draft is loved on Blue, and who says I don't support it on Green? However, this is no apples to apples comparison. Blue is 7 years into Velious. Rampage rekt you and woke the Sleeper years ago, dooming you to an eternity of trying to get revenge on everyone else by denying them content. Blue is all the way at the end of timeline. I think its OK to do a draft 4 times a year under those conditions. However, if people put in the hard work, organized, and instituted a draft on Green, you wouldn't see me opposing it. Hell, they can even use the ruleset I wrote! Its open source [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My objection was never to dabbling in a end-game/hardcore competitive guild. It was submitting to asshole leaders that resort to cheating, like those in Vanquish. Hard pass on that! I don't regret my decision to experience warders, and now I guess I'll get to be part of the team waking the Sleeper. You can ask anyone in Seal Team and they will tell you that I tried to convince them to do a server-wide agreement to keep the Sleeper asleep. But in the end, it is the prisoner's dilemma, and fears that someone will wake it, no matter what, are authentic and amount to legitimate concerns.

Hope that helps.

-Jutebox
Lol you did your guild on blue real proud Jutebox. Join the "cheaters" on green, become a hypocrite and then just leave your shit Kittens guild to kill nothing for the 10 years of their existence.

Couldnt beat anyone on blue, ran to Green to flex his napoleon complex and now brags like hes something while leaving a legacy of utter garbage behind on blue.

Ill take my history over your pathetic attempts to lead a guild and blue and your coattail riding on Green anyday, my friend. At least I didnt sell out and abandon my guildies to go to another P99 server and actually kill dragons.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

When Detoxx has the most level-headed reasonable replies you know we are on an interesting path.