Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Posted bug report on Sunday about an incorrect respawn timer. Then Bi-weekly Wednesday afternoon patch included the fix for this bug report. The volunteer staff are really incredible on TAKP.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:51 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is Luclin coming out? (Serious question)
Goal is an expansion a year. Velious dropped this past Oct, so that puts Luclin late 2017.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Got my first two pieces of HoT loot last night (but not the faction yet!). Lots of time to gear up and get 60 before Luclin!

Takp can be to the glorious PoP era as p99 used to be to the classic Era. Come and play!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Kobold

just started on here today. Still trying to figure out exactly what i want to box. I probably would have changed out monk for bard if melody was on here. Tempted to change out the monk with cleric, because cleric so easy to box. Still trying to decide on the monk spot.

Currently my plan is:

Chowda (Shaman)
Capt (warrior)
Bigwu (monk)

any tips/downloads to make 3 boxing a little easier? I haven't boxed since the first eq progression server
Last edited by Phatso; 03-03-2017 at 10:16 PM..
Old 03-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Kobold

The client from the wiki comes with a program called HotKeyNet and a simple script (Script.txt) that you can use to switch client windows using the numpad, so you can just hit numpad 1, 2, and 3 to switch client windows instead of alt-tab. This will prevent issues with key alt key sticking. Hitting left control + F12 will also launch 3 clients at once.

A future client release will no longer have alt key sticking issues or the mouse cursor stuck inside the client window, but I don't have an ETA on that.

Beware that monks here have a low AC cap, so don't expect monks to tank well here at higher levels.

You might want to reconsider making 2 melee classes. It's a pain to box multiple melee characters unless you run multiple physical boxes and even then you have to constantly mash flying kick or backstab on one keyboard. Some people do it though. As always, play what you enjoy most.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Kobold

yea, im rethinking my strategy a bit. What i really want is something thats easier to work with, then possibly switch up to what i want exactly. Kind of thinking war cleric enc now
Old 03-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Aviak

I've been playing on TAKP for over 2 years now and it's the best experience I've had with Everquest since I played on Terris-Thule back in 2000-2004. The PoP-era client is one of the big draws to the server in my opinion. The nostalgia from playing the game using the same tools I had back in 2002 is amazing.

Lots of people doing coldain shawls, so it's easy to make money selling tradeskill components at early levels. Asking for free gear isn't a sin if you're starting out fresh, most people hand out gear before they'd even consider selling. Hit up PoK or /join alliance channel and introduce yourself, you're bound to run into plenty of nice and helpful players.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:38 AM
Large Rat

it's easy to find information about how good certain classes are during velious, but what about PoP?

I know wizards and rangers are supposed to be pretty great, and magician pets are supposed to kinda suck

where do all the other classes stand compared to where they are in velious? like are enchanter charm pets still incredibly powerful?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:59 AM
Planar Protector

If I was to choose between TAKP and that other server, TAKP would get me every time.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofelves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's easy to find information about how good certain classes are during velious, but what about PoP?

I know wizards and rangers are supposed to be pretty great, and magician pets are supposed to kinda suck

where do all the other classes stand compared to where they are in velious? like are enchanter charm pets still incredibly powerful?
Depends what you want to do and playstyle.

Enchanters will be very strong on TAKP because they were in early PoP. I have some old fraps footage of my enchanter pet out-DPSing TWO chain casting Strike of Solusek wizards that I still need to make a youtube video of. PoP NPCs hit really hard compared to older content. Charm is so strong that entire groups form to support the charming enchanter: druid for snare, cleric for CHing pets, a malo caster, bard to 'roll mez' on charmed pets, etc.

Ranger archery will be great starting in Luclin, however I have successfully replicated the bug that prevents archery damage on cornered NPCs, which is really needed to balance them. Trueshot rangers on uncornered raid bosses that die in 3 minutes will probably top the DPS meter. (note however that some bosses have higher AC than others)

I played a wizard from 1999-2004, and two wizards on on AK, so I have some authority to speak about them. Wizards are great on raids up until your rogues and rangers get high end gear, then those classes will catch up or surpass them depending on the raid boss. However it's much less simple when you factor in that A) wizards are SUPER easy to box and melee are not, B) some bosses are melee unfriendly (e.g. AoE rampage) and C) wizards are aggro limited in ways that rogues and rangers are not.

Wizards will either shine or suck terribly in exp groups depending on A) mana regen buffs (MGB KEI on lower level characters makes them great and lasts 4 hours) and B) how efficient your group is in pulls. Good groups keep melee 'fed' with NPCs full-time which makes casters less competitive.

Mages are really, really good in classic but lose power with every expac. Mages pair well with enchanters however due to malo which will be needed to charm lots of PoP stuff, as well as summoned weapons. Also mages can charm a handful of PoP NPCs. (elementals in BoT)

DoTs from multiple Necros stack on TAKP so they become fairly good DPS on raid bosses as well. It's hard to gauge though since the damage is hidden.

Monks are, to be honest, mediocre at the high end in PoP. A Beast is required for buffs. They seem to be competitive in Velious but I can't say how it will be in PoP.

Druids can charm certain PoP NPCs and get a CH-lite spell, so they're in pretty good shape. Shaman slows become less useful in PoP because of all the slow mitigation.
Closed Thread