Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh. Unless you're like, kiting one mob towards the next you're going to pull, or you're going high effort and sitting briefly for med ticks while kiting, the mana you "save" on roots is probably a wash at best compared to the mana you "lose" by not sitting and medding as much.
The problem is that even when I DoT then Root then Med, at this level my DoT's do very little damage. I always end up having to melee them at least half of their health, which gets me way down on my health and mana. I'm in full banded armor too. Of course I am still using mostly rusty weapons except for the low level quest hammer you get in Halas, so that doesn't help either I'm sure.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is that even when I DoT then Root then Med, at this level my DoT's do very little damage. I always end up having to melee them at least half of their health, which gets me way down on my health and mana. I'm in full banded armor too. Of course I am still using mostly rusty weapons except for the low level quest hammer you get in Halas, so that doesn't help either I'm sure.
I found it better to debuff the mob and fight them. If you got full banded i would put together like 15p and buy a Fine Great Staff it has like .25 DPS which is great. Remember slow attack speeds spells are the best debuff in the game. I would throw that on them and just fight it out and heal your self I think that would be better then root rotting at 16. As our dmg spells really arnt great at lower lvls.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found it better to debuff the mob and fight them. If you got full banded i would put together like 15p and buy a Fine Great Staff it has like .25 DPS which is great. Remember slow attack speeds spells are the best debuff in the game. I would throw that on them and just fight it out and heal your self I think that would be better then root rotting at 16. As our dmg spells really arnt great at lower lvls.
Thanks for the advice. So use Drowsy or Walking Sleep or both? Do they stack?

I will certainly look for A FS Great Staff. I' suppose I'll also need an FS Spear and FS Morning Star also if I want to continue raising all three skills.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the advice. So use Drowsy or Walking Sleep or both? Do they stack?

I will certainly look for A FS Great Staff. I' suppose I'll also need an FS Spear and FS Morning Star also if I want to continue raising all three skills.
Slows dont stack. I like Drowsy as the mana cost doesnt change and you get like 20% out of it. Use your mana for healing and what not. I would just get one FS weapon you can always level other skills up later. But if you have the cash cant hurt to keep them all up.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slows dont stack. I like Drowsy as the mana cost doesnt change and you get like 20% out of it. Use your mana for healing and what not. I would just get one FS weapon you can always level other skills up later. But if you have the cash cant hurt to keep them all up.
Okay. Thanks again!
Old 12-17-2019, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

I was referring to shammy in the teens killing reds/yellows. If you tried rooting them they’d just break all the time and waste all mana. Full speed kite with low level dots with no dot reduction is nice.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was referring to shammy in the teens killing reds/yellows. If you tried rooting them they’d just break all the time and waste all mana. Full speed kite with low level dots with no dot reduction is nice.
I'm confused. I thought there was DoT damage reduction while moving.

Also, I went to EC looking for a FS Great Staff. So far no luck. Anyone know of any vendors that might sell it or a mob I can Kill at level 16 that drops it!
Last edited by keglo; 12-18-2019 at 12:04 AM..
Old 12-18-2019, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

DoT damage movement reduction isn't active on Green/Teal until a later date.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-18-2019, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

Buy a two handed warhammer from vendor or blacksmith instead?
Old 12-18-2019, 04:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
What level are you?

Edit: Ah 16 OK well I've found that the melee miss rates for Shaman on Green, for whatever reason, seem higher than blue (although this could just be the effect of everything feeling harder as we are not twinked). I used to melee on all my Shaman on blue even into the 50's but have found root/rotting to be more efficient, even with the low level DOT's. I even bought a Combine weapon and have hardly used it.

At your level the Karana's are your playground unless you want to group in dungeons. East Karana for the gorge hounds, gnolls, dark stalkers, war hounds, griffawns etc. Then you could move onto Crag Spiders. Also North Karana is good for the beetles such as borer etc.

Hang with it til 24 as your gameplay changes a lot when you get Cannibalise.
Last edited by Berendar; 12-18-2019 at 04:25 AM..
Closed Thread