Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

View Poll Results: Ogre or Troll
Ogre 37 32.46%
Troll 77 67.54%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 03:54 AM
Aviak

Trolls win fashion quest out of the two. A Fungi looks awful on a Ogre (although the Velious armours are nice).

Having levelled numerous Ogre's and Trolls, one thing to remember about FSI is that you actually notice it more day to day rather than, as many state, only soloing high end stuff.

After playing an Ogre and then going back to Troll, the stuns in any combat situation from bash become quite annoying. You only lose a few seconds each time but if you like to melee then it is noticeably annoying. If you only root/rot or group then not so much an issue.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolls win fashion quest out of the two. A Fungi looks awful on a Ogre (although the Velious armours are nice).

Having levelled numerous Ogre's and Trolls, one thing to remember about FSI is that you actually notice it more day to day rather than, as many state, only soloing high end stuff.

After playing an Ogre and then going back to Troll, the stuns in any combat situation from bash become quite annoying. You only lose a few seconds each time but if you like to melee then it is noticeably annoying. If you only root/rot or group then not so much an issue.
^ its noticeable even at lvl 5

Regen is pretty OP pre Velious and very noticeable as well. Almost a push between the two.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:19 AM
Aviak

awesome, so it seems troll is still winning out in selections.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:24 AM
Orc

I gotta vote troll as well. The regen is insanely useful while leveling, and the only time is isn't as useful is after fungi, epics, and torpor. All of which are a looooong way off.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarian wins fashion quest - if you choose anything but a Barb you will ultimately lose the game since at the very high-end fashion is king
this is end end game tho
Old 02-24-2020, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Yea it’s Ogre for me and not all really that close, when your first slow gets resisted or you pick up some adds with very high MR, that frontal stun immunity can be the difference in life or death. Sure leveling the troll may be a little faster with the regen, but you will spend a majority of your time at max level.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea it’s Ogre for me and not all really that close, when your first slow gets resisted or you pick up some adds with very high MR, that frontal stun immunity can be the difference in life or death. Sure leveling the troll may be a little faster with the regen, but you will spend a majority of your time at max level.

Well if your first slow gets resisted, you should be able to spam root until it lands. Even if its an unrootable mob(incredibly rare) you should be able to get clean casts off between bash time recycling. The 1.5 second stun from a bash that is on a 10 second cooldown, which half the time it won't even be a bash but a kick, and then 75% of the time won't even result in a stun anyway even if it was a bash is going to ever even significantly influence any given fight a shaman may be attempting to solo is absurdly unlikely especially when you consider the vast majority of time you could have just spammed root until it landed and cast outside of melee range amd any race shaman is going to do exactly that. Even when all those things do happen in a fluke, it still has around 30% chance to interrupt you regardless of race anyway.

You either land slow or die, and the chance FSI even has any impact whatsoever on you successfully landing a slow is incredibly low. And if its a long marathon fight, and you do indeed land slow, the only way you now lose is if you are too inefficient with your slows/healing, but guess what, regeneration suddenly has a significant impact on that equation since it's completely free health/mana for you to access. Those numbers will add up over a 10+ minute fight. It's probably just as likely the extra efficiency will allow an additional slow attempt over a long fight and that could prove the difference as compared to FSI having any impact on an initial slow attempt.

At the end of the day it's really choosing if you want something that will always help during virtually 100% of your playtime or something that MIGHT help you 0.001% of your playtime.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Having played both a troll and ogre shaman, the difference is night and day. I would choose Ogre hands down, but that’s my opinion and my reasons being that FSI is far more important than regen end game and so is having maximum HP/STA/resists which ogre gets much easier. Ogre has the advantage in a big way during “oh shit” moments, which on a shaman are the only time you will die. If everything goes according to plan it won’t matter.

Bonus: trolls start with -20 FR mod.
Last edited by Wallicker; 02-24-2020 at 11:48 AM..
Old 02-24-2020, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having played both a troll and ogre shaman, the difference is night and day. I would choose Ogre hands down, but that’s my opinion and my reasons being that FSI is far more important than regen end game and so is having maximum HP/STA/resists which ogre gets much easier. Ogre has the advantage in a big way during “oh shit” moments, which on a shaman are the only time you will die. If everything goes according to plan it won’t matter.

Bonus: trolls start with -20 FR mod.

You've stated that FSI is "more important end game", but you have failed to substantiate that claim in any meaningful way.
Bonus: trolls get snare.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've stated that FSI is "more important end game", but you have failed to substantiate that claim in any meaningful way.
Bonus: trolls get snare.
It’s super easy to position yourself where a mob isn’t going to flee, plus that snare is a 6 second cast for 6 ticks of snare, pretty shitty. Plus most likely your mob will already be rooted...Honestly of the clickies I’d rather have fear undead and animal. Allowing you a quick cast interrupt of these species. Being able to interrupt a CH or nasty spell is a better utility than that shitty snare(think soloing seb crypt) or HS(is drusella flagged undead?)
Closed Thread