Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each player was stripped of all buffs, via mass dispell from GM.
You must stay on the top part of the platform in Arena.
Each player had X time to buff, forget exact time.
Players could only "use" equipable item clickies and were NOT allowed to item swap once the match had begun.
Stuff like /disc. LoH and HT were allowed but if your next round came up before the timer was up that was somthing you risked, the GM would not reset them.
Other than this info. For 1v1, big decision would probably be: To have set gear, or use what you have. Set gear removes the advantage raid guilds have(mostly) on casual players. But "Use what you have" allows people to show how much work they put in their character as well.

Personally I'm for set gear.
Just my 2 coppers.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Live used the "what you have" gear reqs.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Sarnak

Set gear levels the playing ground, invites more people to participate. Really no point to PvP unless your gear is near top-end.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM
The Protector of Sunder

Default .

It also kills incentive for people to prepare. It's called best of the best, not best of the skilled. Preparation and the time/forethought required to be prepared for this event are part of what separated winners from losers. If they give us all the same gear why stop there? How about temporarily leveling everyone to 50?

Go read aftathott's essay on this same subject following winning the bard serverwide botb. This is effectively a pro-am competition and you don't make the pro golfers play with worse clubs or balls to level the comp. IMO make a casual bracket but give money as a reward while giving a title to the winner of the open bracket. Gear is so crappy right now the difference between a good casual and a good raider is pretty minor. It's the rare/quest items that specifically offset good pvpers from the unprepared ones.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Should call it "Best of the Most Played + Geared Characters" then.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Default Yes

I competed in the Monk botb, made it to server finals, Apocalus beat me (damn cats in hats gearing him up!). We didn't have time to buff, even self buffs not allowed. No guise, or anything.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Aviak

botb on e'ci had a 30 second buff time. was enough time for me to cast a pet, shielding, and dmf and disease.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Orc

Default round table

I attended the Shaman best of the best on Tallon Zek, and if I remember correctly, you were expected to have over 100pp on you for noobs to run in and loot off your corpse after you died in battle.

Players were mass dispelled before the battle and there was a period (I believe 2 minutes, will have to check with my brother who participated) to summon pet/buff.

You were not allowed to leave the ring (which was the arena in Lake Rathe).

Love,
Waverly (then Krobar)
Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Did anyone watch the Druid Botb's during Kunark? I'm pretty sure the finals lasted over an hour. I was about to just take a nap for a while and come back when Velious was released.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Kobold

iwould love to see botb here
Closed Thread