Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Default Funniest Death Here

Got rezd right in the middle of the path leading to the ent to DC, in Unrest. Said thanks to the cleric as she gated away. Im an ench btw. As soon as the high elf vanished away, i saw a 5 letter word in all caps that terrified me. It said TRAIN!

With rez effects on, i was naturally rooted due to my weight and immediatly died to a horde of skeletons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What is your best death?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Aviak

When I first started playing EverQuest in classic I was running through Karanas and I had noticed a Werewolf. I knew they were rare at the time and I had never seen one before. I tried to train it to someone so they could kill it, but on my way looking for people, another Werewolf had come out of no where and crushed me to death.

I recently got revenge by murdering one yesterday
Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

One time I was in Everfrost and went LD while running. Well of course I kept running after I LD'd. This was MANY years ago during classic on my Paladin that was a High Elf that I had ran all the way from Gfay to Everfrost and was on my way to Halas to be bound, well I respawn and see I lost my levels. I was so depressed because it was classic back then also and xp was like it is here, HARD to get. Well have no fear this high level Cleric is like ..... "Don't stress it, I will rezz you my friend" Well, this just has me over whelmed with joy because the rezz will restore my level. We run out and find my body at the very top of some random mountain that I had ran up while I was LD.

The nice Cleric rezzes me, sure enough I get my level back. I was stressing it because I was still bound in gfay. He says "Be Safe Friend" and gates away. Sitting on top of the mountain gave a wonderful view of the zone while I rememmed my spells and got my mana back.

Once ready I stood up and started to head out, not thinking as soon as I began to run I fell off the mountain to my death and lost the level once more.

One of those days best forgotten.
Last edited by Damaja; 07-05-2010 at 08:03 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

oh another PvP related level loss death I remember ......

I was on my Iksar Shaman on Vallon Zek Team PvP Server. I had just Dinged level 24, I was so happy .... I loved my Shaman, I named him Sissraak Slimshamy ...anyways, and I zone into Nektulas Forest, because I had my new spells on my Necro that was waiting for my Shaman at Neriak. This was back in the days I item loot and I see this Druid standing in the tunnel going into nek Forest and he was Link Dead.

I am thinking HELL YEA, gonna kill me this Druid and loot an item while there LD. So, I attack the druid, well at the time back then I didnt know that when you LD you toon will fight back and act as an NPC if you LD. This Druid stomped my ass and he was blue con. I remember trying to run to the zone but everytime he would root me and when the root broke he would instantly root me again.

This was the smartest damned LD Druid I ever seen, well I die. But little did I know when this NPC LD Druid guy killed me, I lost xp. I respawn, sit down and go to memming spells and see I lost my level.

I learned that day, leave the LD folks alone and go on about my business.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh another PvP related level loss death I remember ......

I was on my Iksar Shaman on Vallon Zek Team PvP Server. I had just Dinged level 24, I was so happy .... I loved my Shaman, I named him Sissraak Slimshamy ...anyways, and I zone into Nektulas Forest, because I had my new spells on my Necro that was waiting for my Shaman at Neriak. This was back in the days I item loot and I see this Druid standing in the tunnel going into nek Forest and he was Link Dead.

I am thinking HELL YEA, gonna kill me this Druid and loot an item while there LD. So, I attack the druid, well at the time back then I didnt know that when you LD you toon will fight back and act as an NPC if you LD. This Druid stomped my ass and he was blue con. I remember trying to run to the zone but everytime he would root me and when the root broke he would instantly root me again.

This was the smartest damned LD Druid I ever seen, well I die. But little did I know when this NPC LD Druid guy killed me, I lost xp. I respawn, sit down and go to memming spells and see I lost my level.

I learned that day, leave the LD folks alone and go on about my business.
This wins.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

My best(on live) was one of our first AoW kills, maybe even our first ever. I was buffing like mad and our pullers had cleared most the path. As they called they were rdy to pull, the raid lead asked for mana check, we were all mostly fine, so I tried to canni up as fast as I could...

Not watching my life as the INC msg for AoW was called, I cannied myself to death....

Ive had numerous, being resed into an AOE insta death, reses as well.

Also on live, we had a pretty fun guild, if there was lava in the zone and was asked for a res from a guildy, wed pull them into lava and res them..

As for on this server, I had one similar to yours in guk, I had a corpse sitting from a previous train, Hellun ran through and asked if I wanted a res on the corpse, I of course said yes plz. He rsed me, I offered him a donation(which he didnt take, awesome of Heallun!) pretty much as soon as he ran off, a zol knight spawned on me...res rooted and oom...died again. He told me to consent and drug me all the way to zone to be safe this time, as I was resting to get mana back another train and nearly killed me again, I made is out safe this time tho.
Last edited by Phallax; 07-05-2010 at 08:34 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

I was a n00b, I had no idea to *not* bind in the fire giant hall leading up to Naggy.

It was a swell number of 'loop deaths' that night [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol

Lucky for me I was a Wiz, I think I managed to get an evac off. It was my first PU raid too.. heh
Old 07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Hell, here is another .... yea I am just full of Stupid back then. I was in Najena on my Necro ... something around a level 43 necro. Anyways I was in there back in the OLD DAYS farming stuff, well I was bound at the zoneline (inside) so I could just gate out and camp when need be.

Well, I was super sleepy one night and was camping najena herself and fell asleep at the comp, well somewhere during the night stuff aggroed me and killed me, I repop at the zone line. Sometime during the night someone runs a train to the zone, musta been a bad one cause I was standing there naked, with me asleep at the keyboard.

To end this sad story, hours later when I woke up from my slumber, 6 levels lower I learned a lesson for sure ..... never bind at zonelines inside a dungeon.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Kobold

ok so this was here on p1999. i looked up on zam about the zone najena cause i heard it was fantastic exp so i go in there looking for stuff to kill.

mobs at the entrance were green but the goblins later on were blue. well, killed them all and read on zam that there's a pool nearby with an undead froglok guarding it. it said i could kill the froglok but dont go near the door cause najena is in there and will rape me.

well...i went near the door and najena+friends totally destroyed my toon.

i should've listened and to be honest, i dont even know why i went towards the door!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

This actually just happened to me recently.

I started getting bored of hunting WC and Oasis around level 18, so I got a wild hair up my butt and decided to branch out a bit. I settled into East Karana very nicely and bound myself on the Gorge/EK zoneline. After finally hitting level 20 in about one morning's work I had amassed a good bit of silk and coins and decided to make my way back to Neriak to unload my goods.

Not being one to go scrounging around for buffs where others are hunting I decided to just hike it back under my own power. I made it to EC with no trouble, sold my goods, and headed finally to Neriak to bank. Since I hadn't been in Nektulos for a good 5-6 levels I wanted to check and see what the halflings in Nektulos forest were conning.

I saw a blue con and squared off against it with no pet. What could go wrong, right? Well I had made the stupid decision of picking the "Leatherfoot Medic". To make a long story short, the bastard chain stunned my dumb ass into oblivion and wiped the forest floor with me and voila! I found myself standing naked as a jaybird all the way back in EK at level 19. Let's just say it wasn't a very happy CR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread