Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Default War stat priority?

Tried to read up on the wiki but I found some conflicting information. Is AC just the God stat for tanking? I guess against casters hp and saves are better, but generally should I just be prioritizing ac? There was something on the wiki about strength being the best warrior stat is this accurate?

Does it change based on situation? I do a lot of duoing currently so I need to have some decent damage output while being tanky, but in a group where I don't need dps does stat priority change?

Sorry for so many questions but I find this very confusing.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Banned

I always thought HP was more important in end game raiding since you'll always have cleric CH around.. But i thought with the typical leveling and grinding, that AC was a bit more important.. Having too many HP's makes it tough for any healers without CH, which is usually only a problem in those levels before clerics get CH...
Old 07-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

I would say that Stamina and HP should be your priority, especially late game. AC is an important stat as well, but I think it takes a backseat to Stamina and HP.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:36 AM
Banned

To me strength is important in the beginning. But once you get some decent gear, it's super easy to max that stat out and takes a back seat... But yeah at first strength is super important haha, melee aside- I can carry more junk to sell haha.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

its important to have high charisma or you wont get any groups and will have to solo to 60
Old 07-26-2018, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its important to have high charisma or you wont get any groups and will have to solo to 60
Does the charisma help me talk the monsters out of punching me in the face?
Old 07-26-2018, 11:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The importance of AC varies greatly depending on what you fight; on easier mobs you'll already mitigate great so adding more does nothing. Similarly some mobs will have such high attack that you'd have to stack a nearly impossible amount of AC to get even the slightest amount of mitigation.

It is only when you are already mitigating moderately well that adding or subtracting AC will make a difference.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Orc

This was the best summary I've heard on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam
There is only ever a narrow margin on a continuum in which adding AC is useful.

There are mobs where you are already mitigating as well as you possibly can, so adding more AC is useless (velious geared vs lvl 1 skeleton).

There are mobs where you aren't even close to mitigating, so adding more AC is useless (cloth geared vs Avatar of War).

So adding more AC is only really useful against a mob where you are either already mitigating reasonably (but not at peak), or against a mob where you are at the precipce of being able to mitigate.

Likewise removing AC will only make a difference against mobs where you are partially mitigating or at the precipice of max mitigation.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Also hp helps with ae and spells, ac doesn't...
Old 07-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitely not Draconite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was the best summary I've heard on this subject.
That's what I said, 'not dr aconite!'
Closed Thread