Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 07:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Some concerns about the /list AFK check notices.

Recently, I had the opportunity to use the /list system for the first time in Lower Guk yesterday and would like to express some concerns about the excessively harsh designed afk checks that are currently implemented.

To start, the frequency of checks seems to be fairly quick. I was number 3 on this list and I had 3 afk checks within 17 minutes for the evil eye spawn that, according to wiki, has a 27-28 minute respawn timer. I’m not sure about anybody else who plays this game, but I don’t enjoy staring at an empty spawn location that I’m not currently killing until within a few minutes of the re-pop time of the mob. Of course, there are glances at the screen every now and then to ensure: stability of camp, the small talk with other players who are interested in the spawn, chatting with guildies, etc. But with this current afk system, God forbid I take a dump longer than 10 minutes risking my potential spot in line.

Also, is the requiring of me to type a message out in the afk check really necessary? Making me type “/ afk 2069” to confirm I’m still there seems a bit excessive.
Some solutions I have thought of are having a consistent timer of however long the staff thinks is necessary (hopefully more than 5 minutes for obvious reasons…) but make the box to accept the afk check pop up in random locations. This would allow for people to be able to ensure their position on the list is maintained by setting a simple timer while also preventing individuals from using an auto-clicker program to hit the “I’m still here” button whenever the afk check comes.

Obviously the staff have thought this list system through pretty thoroughly and I’m not attempting to “stir the pot”… Looking for some serious feedback and to determine if I should order some extra-long socks to prepare.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, the checks come in pretty quick but for the first wave of ppl to the /list party, I'd expect there won't be any changes to the system for a while. Vast majority of ppl that didn't play beta haven't seen the list checks and don't know what you're talking about exactly... But oh they soon shall.

The short checks in my perspective are there to make the waiting game more "competitive" so the ppl that really want them have the best chance of getting the items. This ain't no casual afk'ing, this is full on dog-outside, kid sent to camp, wife locked in closet high-stakes hardcore waiting. Those with the longest socks will rise from spot 7-8 to spot 3 quick and be happy with the system like this,but those last drops will be the toughest challenge.

In all seriousness, it still hasn't been tested at high capacity numbers yet, so buckle up with the current system for a while. I recommend peggle
Old 11-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

the /list afk #### always gives me anxiety because I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

in my opinion.. the range to stay on the list should be smaller.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-07-2019 at 12:13 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

It's okay to type the numbers wrong. It won't let you press OK until you do it right

You can trust me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2019, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

If you are taking 10 minute shits then you have more pressing concerns to worry about.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Also, this sounds like a nightmare and nothing that any sane person would put themself through. The staff is probably laughing at the people who jump through all these hoops to get these overrated legacy items.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are taking 10 minute shits then you have more pressing concerns to worry about.
LOL, isnt that the whole point of poopsocking?
Old 11-07-2019, 01:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm honestly impressed if you've never experienced a bout with nature longer than 10 minutes. Your digestion skill must be (200)! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2019, 01:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Also, this sounds like a nightmare and nothing that any sane person would put themself through. The staff is probably laughing at the people who jump through all these hoops to get these overrated legacy items.
I'm honestly impressed you haven't had a bout with nature longer than 10 minutes... Your digestion skill must be (200)!
Old 11-07-2019, 01:57 AM
Banned

get a squatty potty. not all the time. just while you camp the mob.

i didnt get the genetics to be in the nba pal, dont hear me howlin' about it. play the hand ur dealt.
Closed Thread