Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. I would not even work , everquest like most rpgs of his time come to be from the 80s generation wich grow with ADD and other rpgs of the age.

the players shaped these games , u just had to look at the names of players back then wich would try to blend into the game with roleplaying names .
The Fantastic Adventures of Tablechair the Barbarian and his trusty sidekick Starbucks Coffeebrew
Last edited by Mblake1981; 08-16-2021 at 12:26 PM..
Old 08-16-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked it, it forced you to take the risk and find out if you could trust someone or else get it yourself
agreed, it was pretty cool in old days. YOu don't just let any random corpse drag for you.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 08-17-2021, 11:48 AM
Banned

there will obviously never be another game like eq probably ever again maybe until we do it in VR iteration

or w/e the next fad is to take after PCs and movies and stuff

but it still won't be EQ it'll be something a lil diff

it has to be hard enough 2make and full of enough limitations and niavety 2 make a wierd buggy strange unique game like eq was made by basically poor ppl on an extended line of massive credit like verant and 989 and sony eq was supposed to be making sports games but they did all this work and had to make a studio to pump something out b4 it was truly finished and was patched a bunch

EQ was some rich persons love letter to nerds and Brad's dreams. aka firiona vie
Last edited by starkind; 08-17-2021 at 11:51 AM..
Old 08-17-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there will obviously never be another game like eq probably ever again maybe until we do it in VR iteration
Be my guest to flail your arms around like an idiot. Remember to share photos so we can make jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or w/e the next fad is to take after PCs and movies and stuff
Mobile phones and social media already did.

Quote:
but it still won't be EQ it'll be something a lil diff
more than just a 'lil'

Quote:
it has to be hard enough 2make and full of enough limitations and niavety 2 make a wierd buggy strange unique game like eq was made by basically poor ppl on an extended line of massive credit like verant and 989 and sony eq was supposed to be making sports games but they did all this work and had to make a studio to pump something out b4 it was truly finished and was patched a bunch
Yep.

Quote:
EQ was some rich persons love letter to nerds and Brad's dreams. aka firiona vie
It was one of the developers. One of his table top games had an elf city named Firiona Vie. Keith Parkinson turned that into the elf chic with huge knockers that we all appreciate today. EQ developers later turned into an elf city with the same name.

https://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/...ll-trost-2004/

Bill Trost

Quote:
But my good friends Kevin Burns (EQoA) and Tony Garcia (EQ2), along with all the other designers and artists contributed incredibly to the content design and quest creation. A great many of the now familiar characters and places of Norrath actually came from an old pen and paper RPG campaign world I created as a teenager. Tony was a player in that campaign so he and I worked well together and had similar goals for what we wanted the world of Norrath to be. It is incredible and very surreal to hear people talk about all the names of our old characters and such. “Firiona Vie,” for example, was actually in my original campaign an ancient Elven city, not a hot Elf babe. Here is a bit of previously unrevealed trivia: the name, “Firiona Vie,” in that campaign, translated from Elvish meant “The Flowering Place.” It seemed to be a fitting name for EQ’s beautiful Elven spokesmodel.
-----

Hey guys, have you heard about WoW?

Last edited by Mblake1981; 08-17-2021 at 12:56 PM..
Old 08-17-2021, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

The zone design in this game is still second to none.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone talking about Mortal Online 2? It looks good, but I dont have the PC for it to try it out myself.
Closed Thread