Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Ding 60.

At 58, I did Hole elementals on the balcony in the castle, which was super fast. For 59, I mainly did the frontier giants and Velks. I also solo'd a bit in the hole--rats, elementals, fallen erudites, but there were issues with all those camps that made doing them for extended periods of time less than ideal.

The FM giants are around 3% and hour and mindless. Velks is a little better, but spicier. Head up to the fake wall and pull to there. You can fear kite a little, but be careful to keep your mob from going towards the dogs. Your spider will warp down there and aggro everything. The other option that I would be ideal for 59 is PoM, but getting there is kind of a pita, and I was too lazy to try to find a COTH or a DA.

I didn't get any new gear acquisitions since last time. So basically I had decent dropable Velious gear, Fungi Tunic, Blood Ember Greaves, and a NToV weapon as the notable pieces.

As for other lofty gear options that might have improved my leveling speed, the main one's are Soul Defiler and Crown of Narandi for mana, Eyepatch of Plunder for DPS, and possibly epic for sustained life tapping, which may have opened up some face-tank camps.

The vast majority of my fighting was via fear kiting, except for the tar goos at 56, which I could easily face tank.

EDIT: An invigorate BP also probably would have been useful for face tanking.
Last edited by Keebz; 01-26-2022 at 08:23 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ding 60.

At 58, I did Hole elementals on the balcony in the castle, which was super fast. For 59, I mainly did the frontier giants and Velks. I also solo'd a bit in the hole--rats, elementals, fallen erudites, but there were issues with all those camps that made doing them for extended periods of time less than ideal.

The FM giants are around 3% and hour and mindless. Velks is a little better, but spicier. Head up to the fake wall and pull to there. You can fear kite a little, but be careful to keep your mob from going towards the dogs. Your spider will warp down there and aggro everything. The other option that I would be ideal for 59 is PoM, but getting there is kind of a pita, and I was too lazy to try to find a COTH or a DA.

I didn't get any new gear acquisitions since last time. So basically I had decent dropable Velious gear, Fungi Tunic, Blood Ember Greaves, and a NToV weapon as the notable pieces.

As for other lofty gear options that might have improved my leveling speed, the main one's are Soul Defiler and Crown of Narandi for mana, Eyepatch of Plunder for DPS, and possibly epic for sustained life tapping, which may have opened up some face-tank camps.

The vast majority of my fighting was via fear kiting, except for the tar goos at 56, which I could easily face tank.

EDIT: An invigorate BP also probably would have been useful for face tanking.
Thanks for the update, and for sharing where you went! Yes, having an invigorate BP is very helpful, I use a Thurg BP on my SK for that purpose. It heals 2x faster than Fungi, which makes it very nice for quick recovery.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

I kinda forgot about it because I mainly fear kited, but it may have made a few camps where fear kiting was sketchy more tolerable. Namely, fallen erudites, ratmen and to a lesser extent Velk's spiders.
Closed Thread