Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-25-2022, 03:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I don't think so. The vocal minority is you and other people who want Luclin. It's not like we've seen a million posts by the majoity of current players saying "add Luclin now!"

If you like Luclin so much why play on P99 when there are other servers that have Luclin?
Sorry my friend but you're wrong. There's an extremely vocal minority of about 25-50 people who are extremely anti Luclin for some random reason and triple or more than that who are in favor. Just among people on the forums who have voted in previous polls and expressed opinions in threads that don't contain a poll.

I am playing on a different server atm. I have a monk/shaman duo that just hit 46 on Wayfarer's Haven (formerly project 2002) and I'm having a blast. Great community, no cut throat competition, no raid petitions, no camp stealing, no RnF, super active staff and devs. It's great. Every few days it seems I see another p99 refugee come check things out. All of them seem to be having a great time.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry my friend but you're wrong. There's an extremely vocal minority of about 25-50 people who are extremely anti Luclin for some random reason and triple or more than that who are in favor. Just among people on the forums who have voted in previous polls and expressed opinions in threads that don't contain a poll.

I am playing on a different server atm. I have a monk/shaman duo that just hit 46 on Wayfarer's Haven (formerly project 2002) and I'm having a blast. Great community, no cut throat competition, no raid petitions, no camp stealing, no RnF, super active staff and devs. It's great. Every few days it seems I see another p99 refugee come check things out. All of them seem to be having a great time.
The reason I play on P99 has nothing to do with the presence or lack of Luclin. If they were to add Luclin, I'd probably try it out. I play on P99 for the relatively higher population and the lack of boxing. As far as I can tell most other servers don't meet those criteria.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Newbie zones are scarcely populated. Its tricky finding groups for teens / low twenties due to spread, especially off peak. This is how I remember late velious on live.

Add a fast travel accessible to most newbies to a central hub with some quick xp low hp mobs that drop basic armour for melees. Economy is making it useless to sell mid range weapons too, we need an afk vendor mode to help shift stock to newbies.

Put an area with this stuff somewhere really remote (except for the fast travel). Oh and kerrans are cool, make them playable somehow.

No to Luclin.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-25-2022, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Newbie zones are scarcely populated. Its tricky finding groups for teens / low twenties due to spread, especially off peak. This is how I remember late velious on live.

Add a fast travel accessible to most newbies to a central hub with some quick xp low hp mobs that drop basic armour for melees. Economy is making it useless to sell mid range weapons too, we need an afk vendor mode to help shift stock to newbies.

Put an area with this stuff somewhere really remote (except for the fast travel). Oh and kerrans are cool, make them playable somehow.

No to Luclin.
So remake Luclin except not Luclin. Got it. lol
Old 05-25-2022, 06:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So remake Luclin except not Luclin. Got it. lol
Well, to be fair, it looks more like "give us bazaar and paludal, and nothing else."
Old 05-25-2022, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

I'll come back to a fresh server if it has the small QoL features they removed. Some things should just be in the game, regardless of what the ol' fogies say.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:10 AM
Kobold

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds cringe

i want p99 but unrooted dragons
Been meaning to ask this for a while now, WHY are the dragons rooted?
Old 05-26-2022, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been meaning to ask this for a while now, WHY are the dragons rooted?
I believe it has to do with making them harder. When they aren't rooted, they can be pulld to a corner and more people can avoid the AoE by hiding behind the corner.

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 06-03-2022, 04:00 PM
Aviak

A vanilla classic only server would be wonderful. The original oldworld zones are definitely my favorite part of EQ. They just have this unique look and feel, from the vast, open grass and woodlands of the plains of Karana, to the frozen everfrost peaks, to the thick and dense swamps and jungles of the Innothule and Feerrott, to the mysterious foggy forests of Faydwer and Odus.

Compared to classic, I think Kunark just looks.. ugly. Pure and simple. Ugly ugly. The zones themselves are annoying to travel through or fight in, especially the outdoor ones. The ground is never flat and the trees are thick and constantly moving their branches, making sightlines ridiculously short in many places. Plus, the color palette they chose to use is just drab. Boring browns, muddy greens, and faded grays, ugh. The bright colors of the artstyle of the original zones is just so much more pleasant and fun to look at.

I also like how the original game was itemized. It took time and effort to get gear with stat boosts, which made even basic levels of gear like bronze, ringmail, and cloth valuable well into the 30's and 40's.. which makes sense to me. Magic gear should be rare and hard to come by.. and stats boosts, even small ones, should matter. Having +5 or more to multiple stats on a single piece of gear, as is common on Kunark and especially Velious items, makes everything too easy. I like having to choose between limited options for a single slot.. for example, the classic Thick Banded Belt versus Flowing Black Silk Sash dillemma: one gives great boosts to armor and strength, and the other nothing but haste (which is otherwise very hard to find). Both are valuable to have, but you can only choose one!

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Ssoys are great! Until five minutes after Kunark becomes available, that is. And yes, the lower quality of the gear makes the game harder, but that is the point, and totally part of the charm. Mobs are overpowered compared to players, especially melee who have to stand toe to toe with them.. so you need groups, you need friends and allies to work with to defeat your enemies and gain skill and levels.. or you could just toss a fungi and a pair of exquisite velium whatevers on your new twink warrior and solo them to 50. Woo, sounds fun.. blech.

So, that's another vote for a Classic only server from me. Down with Kunark! Down with Velious! Odus, Antonica, and Faydwer forever!
Old 06-03-2022, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A vanilla classic only server would be wonderful. The original oldworld zones are definitely my favorite part of EQ. They just have this unique look and feel, from the vast, open grass and woodlands of the plains of Karana, to the frozen everfrost peaks, to the thick and dense swamps and jungles of the Innothule and Feerrott, to the mysterious foggy forests of Faydwer and Odus.

Compared to classic, I think Kunark just looks.. ugly. Pure and simple. Ugly ugly. The zones themselves are annoying to travel through or fight in, especially the outdoor ones. The ground is never flat and the trees are thick and constantly moving their branches, making sightlines ridiculously short in many places. Plus, the color palette they chose to use is just drab. Boring browns, muddy greens, and faded grays, ugh. The bright colors of the artstyle of the original zones is just so much more pleasant and fun to look at.

I also like how the original game was itemized. It took time and effort to get gear with stat boosts, which made even basic levels of gear like bronze, ringmail, and cloth valuable well into the 30's and 40's.. which makes sense to me. Magic gear should be rare and hard to come by.. and stats boosts, even small ones, should matter. Having +5 or more to multiple stats on a single piece of gear, as is common on Kunark and especially Velious items, makes everything too easy. I like having to choose between limited options for a single slot.. for example, the classic Thick Banded Belt versus Flowing Black Silk Sash dillemma: one gives great boosts to armor and strength, and the other nothing but haste (which is otherwise very hard to find). Both are valuable to have, but you can only choose one!

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Ssoys are great! Until five minutes after Kunark becomes available, that is. And yes, the lower quality of the gear makes the game harder, but that is the point, and totally part of the charm. Mobs are overpowered compared to players, especially melee who have to stand toe to toe with them.. so you need groups, you need friends and allies to work with to defeat your enemies and gain skill and levels.. or you could just toss a fungi and a pair of exquisite velium whatevers on your new twink warrior and solo them to 50. Woo, sounds fun.. blech.

So, that's another vote for a Classic only server from me. Down with Kunark! Down with Velious! Odus, Antonica, and Faydwer forever!

A+ would read again!

Elendil's Giveaway