Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Charming for exp question

This is ridiculous I have no idea what the answer to this question is and I'm way to afraid to ask a t this point but i gotta know, when im charm killing 2 mobs for exp with 1 as my pet:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-21-2020 at 07:26 PM..
Old 08-21-2020, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

AFAIK as long as you break charm on your pet you can kill either previously charmed pet or engaged other mob in whatever order. Or maybe I’ve been doing it wrong *shrug*
Old 08-22-2020, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

I put myself through so much trouble to kill my pet first every time I need to settle this once and for all or I am going to lose my mind doing all this for something Im pretty sure I dont have to lol
Old 08-22-2020, 01:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It is my understanding that when pet breaks, all the dmg it did resets. You have to out dmg 50% of the mob's remaining health after you break it. You can break using hide/invis or you can also attempt to use lvl 4 mez (high memblur chance) or an actual memblur to reset the dmg done to the mob while retaining your pet.

Think I worded that correctly, for the most part.

Also, that means you can PL other peeps pretty efficiently with pets / mez / memblur.

I dig using animation pets and just memblurring mobs at like 10% then nuking for full xp.

But after breaking pet, it doesn't matter which one you kill first. All the damage the pet done poofs.
Last edited by Klik; 08-22-2020 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: ADHD
Old 08-22-2020, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Default good job jib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I put myself through so much trouble to kill my pet first every time I need to settle this once and for all or I am going to lose my mind doing all this for something Im pretty sure I dont have to lol
You don't have to KILL the pet first. You just have to make it not be your pet any more.

You break charm. Now there is no pet to steal exp from you. Kill whichever one you want first, then the other one. Both are 100% unadulterated full solo exp kills as though you never had a pet at all.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Break your pet when it gets low enough for your main nuke to kill it with 1 nuke. After you've killed your pet, memblur the other mob , then nuke it till death as well. This how I always do it, or if my killing rate is really fast I don't even bother blurring. I'll just invis, stun and kill.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 08-22-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Why memblur, though? The old pet no longer exists.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Break your pet when it gets low enough for your main nuke to kill it with 1 nuke. After you've killed your pet, memblur the other mob , then nuke it till death as well. This how I always do it, or if my killing rate is really fast I don't even bother blurring. I'll just invis, stun and kill.
Ok now this is even more absurd than the stuff I do lol.

Honestly I dont think this is necessary, because I definitely notice a huge different in exp if I

I would be skeptical if you had to mem blur a mob after another mob is dead, honestly I wouldnt even know how the code would be able to keep track of that with everquest. So I dont think that part is necessary.

BUT Im still afraid to kill the target, and then my pet, after I break it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We're going to need some more concrete answers before I feel comfortable lol

I honestly think that just breaking charm probubly erases the cache but I do not know and its killllling me.
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-22-2020 at 03:39 PM..
Old 08-22-2020, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

NPCs dont gain exp. So they can't take your exp away if they outdmg you. So once charm is off, you're golden - kill the lower hp mob first
Old 08-22-2020, 04:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The pet damage resets after a break... so the concrete evidence could be a wandering pal in say, oasis that sees the mob(s) almost dead and decides to help you out, slapping it for like 10pts of damage for the kill. Thus, they get the xp, because all the pet damage is zeroed out.

Using a memblur, like lvl4 mez, is good for keeping your pet (without a break) and getting exp.

Keeping this in mind, you can also use a dot, or damage a mob with a DD... melee whatever, and when you break your pet, you just calculate how much 50% of the remaining hp would be.
Ex:
Dot does 20% dmg total mob health, so you land it during the fight on mob A
Your pet, mob B, breaks when they are both (mob A and B) under 20% health
Charm a new pet, mob C, and kill both remaining mobs...
You get full xp for mob A, and only 50% xp from mob B
Closed Thread