Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s like the old bind wound trick. Way more effort than it’s worth imho. Sure you’ll benefit from it, but at what cost?
The old bind wound trick was unreal though. It was a game changer for solo melee.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Can you find the same mob, same level and fight with different weapons. Preferably if you could do it to a white con mob each time. Time fight and also note how much hp you end with for each fight. May be a good gauge.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malykor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I messed around with it yesterday, not worth the trouble IMO.
As far as melee combat goes, Everquest isn’t a terribly hard game. I don’t mind too much spending a little extra focus double clicking after each swing.

I used a Peacebringer instead of the IFS until I got my epic. Without your epic, I would argue that the offhand punches are better with the PB than the IFS because 50+ the delay of the naked monk fist and the PB are nearly the same. It makes the execution quite easy. And at that higher level without the epic your fists will start dropping bombs.

I think the IFS might be better with the epic for the purposes of off hand punches. With a delay of 40, you can easily fit in two rounds of 16 delay punches before re equipping the staff. That would be pretty gnarly but I would imagine that would be more difficult to pay attention to, especially if dual wield doesn’t “proc”. I’ve never used an IFS but those are my thoughts FWIW. I like punching things.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

I tried this with my Iksar monk and Peacebringer at lvl 48 and 22% haste. I couldn’t quite figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

How does this punching work exactly? Is the idea that the offhand is on a different timer and is ready to roll if I wait long enough to unequip my PB? Or how should I think about trying to time the clicks?

I reeeeeally like punching things and would be happy to sacrifice the extra clicks for more deeps/punchieness. I definitely felt like I was risking swings on my PB and did not see a DPS increase. Probably user error though.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried this with my Iksar monk and Peacebringer at lvl 48 and 22% haste. I couldn’t quite figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

How does this punching work exactly? Is the idea that the offhand is on a different timer and is ready to roll if I wait long enough to unequip my PB? Or how should I think about trying to time the clicks?

I reeeeeally like punching things and would be happy to sacrifice the extra clicks for more deeps/punchieness. I definitely felt like I was risking swings on my PB and did not see a DPS increase. Probably user error though.
Exactly. Your primary slot has its own delay timer, even if using a 2H. The secondary is indeed on a separate timer. At 48 your fist is 13/32.

You only need to quickly double click your staff to execute the off hand punch. Just an instant is all the time you need. Other than the quick double click, the staff should stay equipped. Sometimes, even at 252 dual wield skill, the punch just doesn’t happen. No big deal, just keep the staff equipped and do it again after your next swing.

Keep an eye on your combat text. When you see “You crush...” that is the timing.. right after your swing, every attack round. Feels good quadding with a 2HB. But especially at the beginning before you get the hang of it make sure you don’t forget to kick.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:16 AM
Skeleton

I have been doing this exact thing on my lvl 42 monk lately using wu’s quivering staff, and it seems to me that every other swing with the 2hnder i can successfully get the off hand punches to double attack. When i try doing it every attack the off hand doesnt land on every attack. Im guessing it now makes sense about the off hand being on seperate timers.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

At 60 Epic fist/SoS or AC/SoS is going to be better DPS than any droppable 2hander, and most of the no drop ones. The final patch of this timeline when 2H bonus damage gets scaled based on delay there are some competitive 2H weapons from VP and NToV.

There are reasons to have a 2H weapon (especially Tranquil Staff for it's damage/stun aggro for tanking), but highest DPS isn't one of them.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. Your primary slot has its own delay timer, even if using a 2H. The secondary is indeed on a separate timer. At 48 your fist is 13/32.

You only need to quickly double click your staff to execute the off hand punch. Just an instant is all the time you need. Other than the quick double click, the staff should stay equipped. Sometimes, even at 252 dual wield skill, the punch just doesn’t happen. No big deal, just keep the staff equipped and do it again after your next swing.

Keep an eye on your combat text. When you see “You crush...” that is the timing.. right after your swing, every attack round. Feels good quadding with a 2HB. But especially at the beginning before you get the hang of it make sure you don’t forget to kick.
This worked like a charm and I had a lot of fun doing it. You were right it’s easy to forget about kick haha.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

At 60, including ripostes, not including procs, max potential dps (assuming 100% hits and 100% max dmg)
the 2 1hb is 25% more dps than the IFS.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Some Variables to keep in mind...
Is your target...
Red con, Blue/Green con?
High AC, Low AC?
Are you solo or are you fully raid buffed?

I bet you'd be surprised in the difference between say red con with high AC and a green con with low ac. That is to say the answer may not be as you expect.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread