Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-12-2022, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Ya I would do sta then rest into cha...it's so easy to max str on war. Especially now, gear is dirt cheap.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cobalt_Boots
+25 str clicky buff if you solo.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My baby Gnome Warrior is getting +80 something STR right now with standard Velious Era gear and an Iksar BP equipped. I don't have the exact equipment list on me at the moment since I am not in a position to log in right now.

When you hit 45 you are getting another +25 from https://wiki.project1999.com/Cobalt_Boots , and an additional +20 with https://wiki.project1999.com/Cobalt_Gauntlets if you don't mind managing the buff. It's really not that hard to get a lot of Strength if you want it, and both of those Cobalt pieces are cheap.

So at 45 my Gnome Warrior would have +125ish Strength with just normal stuff you could buy in EC.
You are right as usual. I didn't even realize those str buffs existed on gear. /bow
Old 08-12-2022, 06:34 PM
Skeleton

Hey guys thanks for all the replies so far!
So I really had no idea about the charisma thing being a stat for warriors but even after reading the suggestions I don't think i'd ever really get that far into raiding to justify putting the points into charisma when most of this toons life will be solo/group. I've played on this server since 2015 and have hardly raided so it probably won't happen. To clarify the fungi is borrowed and I definitely am not super rich but I do plan on putting maybe 4k into this toon over time and to start off with just some hand me down weapons from other toons (wurmslayer and lamy to start and will get a staff of battle) and will try to round out the character with cheap lower end gear like mithril and crusty depending on what I can find. that being said I think i'd put points into stam and dex? would half and half be ok or all stam 5 dex?
Old 08-12-2022, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys thanks for all the replies so far!
So I really had no idea about the charisma thing being a stat for warriors but even after reading the suggestions I don't think i'd ever really get that far into raiding to justify putting the points into charisma when most of this toons life will be solo/group. I've played on this server since 2015 and have hardly raided so it probably won't happen. To clarify the fungi is borrowed and I definitely am not super rich but I do plan on putting maybe 4k into this toon over time and to start off with just some hand me down weapons from other toons (wurmslayer and lamy to start and will get a staff of battle) and will try to round out the character with cheap lower end gear like mithril and crusty depending on what I can find. that being said I think i'd put points into stam and dex? would half and half be ok or all stam 5 dex?
If you are confident on remaining casual, it won't matter too much either way. 20 into Stamina and 5 into Dexterity sounds like the best choice for you if you want to be safe.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

I have a troll warrior.. I spent enough to get max STR with a fullset crustecean armor and the +25 from cobalt boots. the rest in STA
Old 08-13-2022, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

I’ve level almost all the warrior race’s to 40-50’s except barbarian , half elf, troll , ide go all dex if planning solo, ogre, halflin has been the most fun out of the bunch! Good luck on stat choices!
Old 08-14-2022, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

For solo only I think nothing can compete with gnome though..
Mine has 76% self haste for a cost of 5 pp per 20 minutes.
Old 08-14-2022, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I really had no idea about the charisma thing being a stat for warriors
I would put money on charisma being largely irrelevant to over 95% of all warriors ever created on P1999. Yes, it has its place, as detailed above, but understand that place is VERY niche and applies only to the absolute highest-end characters, beyond where most players ever reach.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Either Dex or Sta imho. Charisma is extremely niche. Pre-Avatar, I find Dex annoying to cap and all the good gear incidentally has 10-15 Stamina on it, so I went 20 Dex 5 Sta. No Regrets.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

I experiment with a lot of different builds. I recently did a dwarf war solo build and went all dex. I solod until lvl 57 and finally gave up and grouped until 60.

While the procs are nice, it’s hard to rely on dex. I think strength is the only melee stat that matters when leveling. It’s the most noticeable getting increased attack and better hits. Stamina is nice if your goal is to be a raid tank. While charisma is technically the min max, 99.9% of people never get to that point. If charisma really mattered that much, we’d be seeing a lot more wood elf/human/half elf wars