Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Banned

Are you against people getting the electric chair? Curious. Does it depend on what they've done or you view the entire death penalty thing as wrong?

Unrelated to your argument with this other fine gentlesir.

I'd also have you know we didn't go hard on anyone. Excessive edgelordery lol. There was a conscious effort to NOT grief people off the box, only to be treated equally. You gotta love the irony of it. I've admitted that much.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder why the server GMs refuse to treat your digital blackface group equally.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:50 PM
Banned

because it's a high elfs world
Old 03-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tentarro still stanning for murderous, authoritarian dictators like Pinochet.
If that's the best you have it's pretty piss poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder why the server GMs refuse to treat your digital blackface group equally.
You already admitted there was no racism involved, just edgelordery.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you against people getting the electric chair? Curious. Does it depend on what they've done or you view the entire death penalty thing as wrong?
Personally I'm generally skeptical of the death penalty because I think the propensity for it to be abused, or misapplied, outweighs the slim category of crimes that I think would warrant being put to death for committing. In any event, one might be perfectly fine with a death penalty as the result of an actual legal process, and still object to torturing people to death in soccer stadiums, and throwing political opponents out of helicopters without so much as a whiff of legal process.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Stories still emerge of the horrors after Chile's coup.

The marine commander gave an order to Chief Petty Officer Pienovi, who moments before had obeyed an order to help send his own wife to a torture center.

“Take her!” he demanded — referring to the couple’s frantic and shouting 9-year old child. And so he did, the daughter now recalls, raping his own child on the spot.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:03 PM
Aviak

Huh that's weird, don't see the part where Pinochet did this personally.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Chile colonels jailed for torturing President Bachelet's father.

Two retired Chilean colonels have been jailed for repeatedly torturing the father of President Michelle Bachelet in 1973.

General Alberto Bachelet was arrested and tortured for opposing the military coup led by Gen Augusto Pinochet.

He died in 1974 of a heart attack caused by the torture inflicted on him.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Aviak

When you're the opposition in a military coup you're more than likely not going to survive.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Slow justice for women abused by Chile's dictatorship.

Bataszew, now a 66-year-old psychologist, was arrested in September 1974 for being a member of Chile's Revolutionary Left Movement.

She survived seven days of horror in a detention center that specialized in sexual torture seeking to break the morale of captured female activists and send a message to others.

Detainees were blindfolded on arrival and left that way throughout their stay in overcrowded cells. Music blared non-stop to drown out the sounds of torture -- earning the center the wry nickname "The Disco."
Closed Thread