Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New player looking for a home old to everquest.

I just started getting into project 1999. I had forgotten what made everquest so great in the past and though I'm sure the admins/devs will never see this I'd like to thank them anyway. I'll be sure to send a donation when I get some extra funds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I raided in Everquest in late velious on up to GoD (which was when I felt the game started to really deteriorate) after that I led a WoW guild to the top 20 in the world several times up to Cataclysm (if any of you are familiar with wow) until some things came up that required my attention. Later I went back to everquest and was disappointed with all the changes so here I am.

That said I am not sure if I intend to raid again here (though its most likely) if I do I am extremely dedicated and in all that time of raiding I never missed a single raid (i'm an old married nerd who is married to an even bigger nerd, neither of us have a life ;p)

I am extremely friendly and easy going. At the time I am obviously no where near raid ready so I am looking for a somewhat friendly guild maybe a family/group guild or a raiding guild that allows "friends". I intend to level as quickly as possible and I am not looking for handouts or hand holding (though I may ask the occasional question to refresh myself from how spoiled all the newer games have made me).

I am currently playing a necromancer (mostly because I expected the server to be quite a lot more dead than it is) but I am also proficient with shaman and bards.

I am mostly just looking for somewhere to socialize and a group of people to (re)learn the ropes from.

Thanks for reading [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Hi Cathulu! I generally play at what is considered 'off-peak times' and yes, it is sometimes difficult to get a group. If you intend playing at those times then a solo friendly class like a Necromancer is great. That said, I also find that sometimes all it takes is to send a few tells to people in your level range and a group will get going. Peak times however are a different kettle of fish, there's always adventure and groups to be had!

Welcome back to old EQ and I hope you enjoy your stay.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started getting into project 1999. I had forgotten what made everquest so great in the past and though I'm sure the admins/devs will never see this I'd like to thank them anyway. I'll be sure to send a donation when I get some extra funds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I raided in Everquest in late velious on up to GoD (which was when I felt the game started to really deteriorate) after that I led a WoW guild to the top 20 in the world several times up to Cataclysm (if any of you are familiar with wow) until some things came up that required my attention. Later I went back to everquest and was disappointed with all the changes so here I am.

That said I am not sure if I intend to raid again here (though its most likely) if I do I am extremely dedicated and in all that time of raiding I never missed a single raid (i'm an old married nerd who is married to an even bigger nerd, neither of us have a life ;p)

I am extremely friendly and easy going. At the time I am obviously no where near raid ready so I am looking for a somewhat friendly guild maybe a family/group guild or a raiding guild that allows "friends". I intend to level as quickly as possible and I am not looking for handouts or hand holding (though I may ask the occasional question to refresh myself from how spoiled all the newer games have made me).

I am currently playing a necromancer (mostly because I expected the server to be quite a lot more dead than it is) but I am also proficient with shaman and bards.

I am mostly just looking for somewhere to socialize and a group of people to (re)learn the ropes from.

Thanks for reading [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might be surprised. If you did a formal thank you in Server Chat you may get a dev/Gm/admin response.
They are really part of the community here.

If you're still seeking out a guild at this time, there are many to choose from, including mine.

Here is our discussion post if you want to check it out: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95753

Alternatively, there is Vex Dominus, Just a Phase, Europa (if you're euro time zone, they are also a raid guild), and if you are looking for a smaller type of guild there are certainly those as well. All the guilds I've listed have good reputations as far as I'm concerned and you'd likely be satisfied in any of them.
Last edited by myxomatosii; 10-29-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Closed Thread