Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 05:05 AM
Aviak

Default Level 22 Barbarian Shaman--numerous questions.

Hey guys! Thanks beforehand on any information you may provide.

Ive got a few questions. This will be my second time leveling through P99 as a Shaman and I hope to gather new information and tips that I may have missed out on the first time 'round.

1. My race is barbarian and he is currently level 22, the downtime on my first shaman w/o regen was pretty obnoxious. Do you recommend a reroll?

2. I am currently gearing him with a high str build with plans to slow tank into the 40s at least. Due to Velious being out, do you recommend PWC or possibly jousting with self-slow+Club of The Ice Ocean with CGS? I do have a haste item, but no Fungi.

3. During EQs 'first run' way back in the day I was highly casual during the Velious expansion, and many of the intricacies and information I have with regard to Kunark I unfortunately do NOT have involving Velious. Any shaman specific tips that you veterans would care to bestow?

4. Through browsing the forums both general and priest specific, I saw reference to a Shaman Epic change, can anyone fill me in? From the language used it seemed to indicate it would make it more difficult, but did not identify in what way.

Thanks bros!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Aviak

1. No, not if you like the Barbarian. Regen is really nice, but you have to look at either a Troll or Iksar for 60 levels. Not a bad thing, but do you want to?

2. If you want to tank things stack hp's. Strength will have minimal impact on your damage output. PWC is good but if you can afford it, the Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer is amazing. I've been testing it and from 30 up until whenever, it seems more of a thing for leveling to me than either regen or frontal stun immunity (procing at least once a fight for me).

3. Not really been to velious yet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

4. I think the only change is that all epics now have a level requirement for equipping?
Old 10-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Orc

1. In 2 more levels you get cannni, it changes everything. If you like your Barbarian, just stick with him. Some would say best race for shaman is ogre. I personally rolled an iksar and happy with it.
2. Strength is for carrying phat lewtz ☺doesn't help with damage. And you have strength buff to get less encumbered.
3. Velious mobs are generally stronger for same amount of experience. I'd recommend exping in old world or kunark
4. All epics cannot be equipped prior level 46, the only change I'm aware of
Old 10-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

You also need Max ally now instead of Max warmly to do final turn in.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Skeleton

Stupid question - how do you know you are "Max" in a particular faction level - like max warmly....
Old 10-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Orc

You only can know for sure if you're max hated or max liked. You get a message says you cannot improve / lose more faction.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Kobold

Slow tanking is an abomination, unless you are very twinked.

Group up till 24, welcome to envenomed breath (best in-game dot at that level). Spam that until 29 solo, welcome to quickness and greater healing. Group up until you get sick of it, rest of leveling up is easy: as a shaman everything works.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

`2. Strength is for carrying phat lewtz ☺doesn't help with damage. And you have strength buff to get less encumbered. `

dont agree with that, your max hits are higher with high str, also it raises atk. prob str under 150 is of minimal benefit.....only buffs that put you over 175 str are gonna be noticable.

`do you recommend PWC or possibly jousting with self-slow+Club of The Ice Ocean with CGS? `

this a twink project then? that club is pretty damn expensive! twinkage can be a fine balancing act!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 10-09-2015 at 10:54 AM..
Closed Thread