Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

It couldn’t have been much after 2001 that Ozzy died in that quad bike accident. So your friend wasn’t completely wrong.

Don’t worry, the Prince of Darkness got better
Old 04-10-2020, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stand by my statement. If you are primarily a solo player I recommend other games. EQ is a grouping game that shines when forcing people to group for content and socialize. Try Red and a plethora of other games if you just want to solo. It'll be by far a better experience.

Solo mentality pushes for solo focus game play are what killed all of the modern MMOs including EQ.
While I agree with much of this, EQ is also a game that caters to many different playstyles. Also playing on Red isn't really any kind of "EQ experience" at all due to the low population.

The Druid, for example, was designed for the self-sufficiency of a soloer's playstyle.

Also there's little worse in EQ than sitting around for two hours LFG on your Warrior or Rogue and getting almost nothing done. There's a reason why WOW made every class soloable to some extent
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 04-10-2020 at 09:52 PM..
Old 04-11-2020, 04:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stand by my statement. If you are primarily a solo player I recommend other games. EQ is a grouping game that shines when forcing people to group for content and socialize. Try Red and a plethora of other games if you just want to solo. It'll be by far a better experience.

Solo mentality pushes for solo focus game play are what killed all of the modern MMOs including EQ.
Name a game that gives the same experience as dungeon crawling solo on an Enchanter or Necromancer, or hell even a Shaman when they get their Kunark tricks.

There isn't another single or multiplayer RPG that gives that experience or gameplay.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I agree with much of this, EQ is also a game that caters to many different playstyles. Also playing on Red isn't really any kind of "EQ experience" at all due to the low population.

The Druid, for example, was designed for the self-sufficiency of a soloer's playstyle.

Also there's little worse in EQ than sitting around for two hours LFG on your Warrior or Rogue and getting almost nothing done. There's a reason why WOW made every class soloable to some extent
You'll find success starting a group instead of being passive expecting others to make your group for you. /who all [class] [level] is 100% for me starting groups regardless of the class I'm playing.

If you want auto grouping with total strangers constantly that you'll never meet again I recommend retail WoW.
Closed Thread