Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRogers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally cant have a "holy war" or jihad in the name of something not holy or inspired by divinity.
If that's the case, then your original statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRogers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never seen a jihad in the name of secularism.
was utterly meaningless.

"Never seen a jihad in the name of a group of people who are incapable of jihad".

I took it in the only possible way it could be applied-- a secular group of people literally slaughtering those of all religions to impose state atheism. A secular war against religion.

It's a trite and stupid discussion anyway.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that's the case, then your original statement:

was utterly meaningless.

"Never seen a jihad in the name of a group of people who are incapable of jihad".

I took it in the only possible way it could be applied-- a secular group of people literally slaughtering those of all religions to impose state atheism. A secular war against religion.

It's a trite and stupid discussion anyway.
One of the most controversial aspects of the Reign of Terror was the dechristianization campaign.

This was a series of measures designed to eradicate Christianity from France. Churches were closed, religious symbols were destroyed, and priests were forced to flee the country.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2023, 09:15 PM
Banned

Religion is power. It's an authority.

If you're looking for ultimate power, you must dismantle any authority structures.

That can include intellectuals, Religion, Family structure. Hell, even comedy can be a threat if it's able to speak truth to power. Same with journalism.

The lie of freeing people of oppression by removing authority structures only really results in centralizing power that has the ability to oppress without challenge.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Old 01-09-2023, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plebnice.jpg (76.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-09-2023, 10:49 PM
Banned

Do people still wear fedoras?

I mean unironically
Old 01-09-2023, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am the cosmic evil

There is no reincarnation 🔥🧙
Old 01-09-2023, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

God lol I never would. I know for a fact that my best friend since 4th grade (we use to swing on the swing and try to spit all the way do the school wall. And we would bring toys from home and try to throw them up on the road when semis were coming) wears one of these..

It's weird ngl, but it hard to speak up but it's like when someone with a super ugly feature, like a bad crooked eye or something is talking to you and it's like an elephant in the room. I wanna say I think he even wore it in his wedding pictures. Probably untrue but kinda not in a way.

[EDIT] WAIT! I had a roommate, we worked at the same place too. HE wore one. And this guy was to the 9s with that meme-able brilliant, snide, refined Dos XX shit. Like "What??..50 Shades of Grey is actually good literature. You're just too immature" kinda shit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230109-205325_Chrome.jpg (66.0 KB, 0 views)
Last edited by goblinmob; 01-09-2023 at 11:02 PM..
Old 01-09-2023, 11:07 PM
Banned

^
To me that kind isn’t as bad, because it hasn’t been memed into irreverence like the other kind has

The type of dudes to wear the other kind are fairly plugged into the internet and have to know by now that people have been meme’ing them for the past decade. I can’t see any of them still wearing one other than as an attempt at self-deprecating humor….
Old 01-09-2023, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

Now this sparked my train of thought and I'm tryna think of other well known instances of some perfectly innocuous item that is now inescapably paired with some ridiculous new meaning behind it.. I mean, maybe not say-well yeah, like "Aunt Jemima" now I guess.. something like that, like the fedora like look at these two pictures. Uh-huh, dude..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MV5BNDc4MjUzNTYwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM2NDkxNA@@._V1_.jpg (96.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg download.jpeg (7.3 KB, 17 views)