Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

5th man in any group should be a rogue, they do very well in Velious.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

^ rogue, rogue, rogue, shaman... Win

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 08-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ rogue, rogue, rogue, shaman... Win
SK, rogue, rogue, shaman

FTFY
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

With the amount of shammies on blue, the queue for Lodi is gonna be huge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5th man in any group should be a rogue, they do very well in Velious.
Turn it into a 6 man and I still don't think rogue makes the cut, they're not flexible enough.

Warrior, cleric, shaman, enchanter, monk, ________

I think my short list for the 6th slot is bard, druid, mage and I'm leaning towards a bard.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Very subjective question. You have two answers really, one that looks good on paper and one that actually works.

On paper: 4 x Enchanter. Obviously in a perfect world everyone would be an enchanter and just charm everything!

Actual: 1) Shaman - Malo, Slow, Torpor + buffs are immensely powerful in small group play.
2) Monk - Pulling, DPS and if geared well enough can tank mobs that are slowed by Shaman.
3) Cleric - Since your question leaves room for only 4 and not any alts parked out, you will need someone to rez when you eventually die. CH + Aego aren't a horrible thing to have either.

4) A) Rogue - Best sustainable DPS without much of a gear requirement. Works well with buffs from shaman and can help sneak tag pull for monk. Once mob is slowed shaman can tank with cleric heals while rogue can still stab.

B) Wizard - Very gear dependent, but a wizard with epic+rend robe have the sustainable DPS to contend with rogue. + Ports unless you like to run across every zone(again because of the way your question is worded).

__________________________________________________ ____________

Now this is P99 that we are talkin about, the server that has been on Kunark for years, so if you have been around a while and only have one character then you have the dedication of ghandi and I salute you.

In this scenario where you will have 4 players I will say that each one has a Main that they will play during encounters and 1 alt that can be used for different reasons.

1) Main: Shaman - Same reasons stated as above.
Alt: Enchanter - Parked for buffs
2) Main: Monk - Same reasons as stated above.
Alt: Cleric - Buffs & parked for rezzes when you FD and group wipes.
3) Main: Rogue/Wiz option
Alt: Warrior - depending if you come upon a boss type mob that the monk can't tank.
4) Main: Rogue/Wiz option
Alt: Wiz/Druid for ports in-case you go double rogue, otherwise Cleric to switch out to heal Warrior. Also if monk dies you can rez him on this char.

In this scenario you can also switch entire group to alt's where you will have a warrior + 2 clerics for CH rotation and an enchanter to charm. If you have more friends that log on your 4 man team can turn into the core group needed for any raid target!

Thanks for the early morning theory crafting.
Huock - Warlord of Rallos Zek
Rozenwyn - Preserver of Tunare
Barterer - EC Trader Extraordinaire

Discord - Drock#9316
Old 08-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turn it into a 6 man and I still don't think rogue makes the cut, they're not flexible enough.

Warrior, cleric, shaman, enchanter, monk, ________

I think my short list for the 6th slot is bard, druid, mage and I'm leaning towards a bard.
1 tank, 1 healer, 3 support, and 1 puller/DPS...

Group has about 1/3 the DPS potential that it should. Not to mention all the DPS downtime you get when the monk leaves to start another split.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Velious mobs have plenty HP. How can anyone say no to the best sustained dps in the game?

o wait im gettin trolled...
Old 08-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Velious mobs have plenty HP. How can anyone say no to the best sustained dps in the game?

o wait im gettin trolled...
OP wants to "down the most content" so I'm looking at this from the perspective of the best party that scales to the end. A rogue is great DPS, neat, it's a narrow set of skills outside of lockpicking or trap sensing. It's not about speed, it's about the ability to succeed.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
it's about the ability to succeed.
Before mana runs out. Encounters clearly have a hard limit to their duration (red bars: yours vs theirs). Blue bars are the soft limit because once they run out, the red bars are quick to follow. Your soft limit is much safer with a rogue in the group.

I second the Wizard suggestion as well for DPS and travel.
Closed Thread