Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well looks like I'm not the only one. Has there been any attempt to get this resolved?. Really sucks when you have to restart your computer everytime you zone , also I have a fairly decent computer so that shouldn't be the issue
Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've been CTD'ing every time I try to log into the server...

Got booted while zoning last night and tried this morning to get in with no dice... keeps CTD'ing after I select P99 and hit PLAY.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Skeleton

I'm having a similar issue. When I zone into Dagnor's Cauldron, my game locks up and boots me to login screen. When I attempt to log back in, the client "does not respond", locks up for about 3-5 minutes, then I get the "The server is not responding" message, and I am booted to the login screen.
ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, I get in... and then I immediately begin to lose connection to the server (the latency bar drops from 100% to 0%), and I lose connection to the server and am immediately booted to the login screen.
Anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

Internet connection. People have been complaining about the same issue for years on SoD with no fix. In my "home town" our internet service is extremely unreliable. I crash all the time zoning using this service on P99 or SoD. Creates all kinds of interesting bugs too, such as respawning underground in the zone you're bound in, or respawning at the safe spot in the zone you died in if you're also bound there. When I move for college, I basically never crash while zoning on P99 or SoD.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Skeleton

I don't have internet connection problems. I haven't in years. This is the only zone this problem occurs in.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

Yeah I was responding to the more general "crash on zone" issue this thread was originally about. Some of you are having other weird random problems I don't know about. The only advice I'd have to that is reinstall titanium, I guess. Preferably from a different image / discs.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Skeleton

Nevermind. Just ran into this problem in Nektulos on a newbie character. Yippee!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Well for some reason changing my video mode allowed me to finally getting into the server, now after playing for about a half hour, the game gets uncontrollable by moving super fast in hitches. It makes even turning a chore... eventually i'll get it figured out I guess!

I haven't been dropping while zoning though which is weird too...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerginsSoft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well for some reason changing my video mode allowed me to finally getting into the server, now after playing for about a half hour, the game gets uncontrollable by moving super fast in hitches. It makes even turning a chore... eventually i'll get it figured out I guess!

I haven't been dropping while zoning though which is weird too...
Sounds like a multicore issue to me.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3609
Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Sarnak

Unhappy

I've been crashing while zoning for a while, but it was at least tolerable until recently. For the last week or so it's been happening roughly 50% of the time I zone.

I tried using WinEQ this week and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I also don't have a dbg.txt file to post, not sure why that would be.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>