Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Default Merges

I honestly thought I saw this somewhere a bit ago, but now cannot find it.

I thought I had read that after Teal is merged in with Green, that a bit down the road Blue will be merged in with Green as well?

Is this true?
Old 12-29-2019, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

Nothing is decided at the moment. There are some vocal people who are anti-Blue merge, but the Green/Teal merge is almost certain.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

OP, perhaps you meant Green characters would be merged into Blue; as well as all subsequent Green-like pve servers’ characters. That is not set in stone, as many will claim; but it was the original idea of the Project. And I’ve been reading these forums slavishly this year, and to my knowledge, the staff have never said anything about Blue characters merging into Green. Perhaps you merely said it backwards?

I hope the staff announce something definite because there are countless threads about potential merges - protesting, lamenting, proposing, speculating... The main thing that bothers me is the potential for misinformation. I just hope people won’t take random forum posters’ word as truth (including mine). Wait for a definitive staff post in Announcements; only then will we know the truth.

Furthermore, the playerbase’s opinions do not matter. Rogean will do what he thinks makes sense and he has literally said he doesn’t care how many people choose to play on his servers. All polls, threads, and posts are irrelevant. Well, perhaps not irrelevant, but it’s silly to think they’ll significantly impact staff decisions.
Last edited by Videri; 12-29-2019 at 10:05 PM..