Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 12-23-2022, 02:05 PM
Orc

Little off-topic, but I am curious how you can be untwinked with an epic.

Were you in the right guild at the right time, or just buy a tear MQ?

I just ground out a million guards to buy a fungi and feel like I must be missing something in regards to the shaman epic.

Is it somehow possible to get shaman epic without 80k+ for the tear?
Old 12-23-2022, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn’t call a shaman untwinked with an epic but not nearly close to unlocking its full potential if it doesn’t have torpor
Old 12-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Means the player did the questline once he was level-appropriate, via the intended mechanics, and without long-established characters fronting him resources like platinum. The easier epic quests, including shaman, are realistically doable by the late 40's/early 50's. Prior to the Plane of Fear revamp which made the golems spawn less often, the shaman epic was so easily obtained on P99 as to be regarded as nearly automatic for a higher-level shaman. It's tougher today, but not out of reach for a player in one of the guilds that race for golems.

Danth
Old 12-23-2022, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

What Danth said. I paid for my tear like an idiot, because I didn't want to join a guild. Then I joined a guild, learned how easy it was, and how I didn't have to do anything (I could just raid when I was on, if I felt like it) ... and I also learned that golems spawn every three days.

If you are in a guild that does the golems, and you go with them, it's all but guaranteed you'll get a tear, for zero plat, within weeks. And once you have the tear, everything else is trivial (even the final fight is pretty easy ... with a guild at your back to help).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:36 PM
Orc

Thanks. 53 is my highest, and I was under the impression that all the epic bottlenecks were not very attainable outside of a couple guilds.

Will definitely attempt to get it the real way if there’s a chance.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:42 PM
Banned

Everyone knows a Barbarian Shaman can solo Sebilis easily without having to even try. Can mostly just go AFK while your spells do the work.
Old 12-24-2022, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Seb been crowded this week
Old 12-31-2022, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Guardian camp in KC is good solo spot to 60 for shaman if you have epic.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Were you in the right guild at the right time, or just buy a tear MQ?

I just ground out a million guards to buy a fungi and feel like I must be missing something in regards to the shaman epic.

Is it somehow possible to get shaman epic without 80k+ for the tear?
I was in a guild, and for my epic, I managed to get a tell of a tear rotting years ago and went and got my epic. I was gone for 5 years and when I logged in I was guildless ( and for the life of me, I can’t remember my guild) so just finished 57 on 2nd floor of com , and probably going to search for a casual guild and figure out how to group as a shaman again lol