Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2023, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

That type of debate tended to come up more often in the tank discussion than the shaman threads. I don';t recollect you hanging out in those threads all that much until more recent years. Bash resistance is (mostly) universally recognized as a useful trait for a high-end soloist shaman.

Knock against the ogre perk is it's heavily limited towards the soloist and all-or-nothing in nature. Only works if you're getting hit. Look at the wife: Last time we went to West Wastes this past week, we killed, I dunno, maybe a dozen or so nest dragons including a plus-6. She never got bashed even once--the ogre racial would've been utterly worthless even if she had it. P99's community mostly veers towards either solo or raiding; only a minority of people have a permanent long-term duo like we have. Hence we're something of an exception to the norm. For most folks I'd call the ogre trait the best for an established 60 shaman, just like everyone else.

Danth