Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:33 PM
ya.dingus ya.dingus is offline
Sarnak

ya.dingus's Avatar

Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a good guide for people reading your posts.

I have provided a lot more evidence for my position than you have, and you need to resort to making bad memes to try and save face.

Your comment about the source code is also nonsense. P99 is based on EQEMU code. If you want to claim the P99 code is different, you need to provide evidence. You can look at the github for attack.cpp all the way back to before P99 came out. The code NEVER had special code for auto-interrupt after a stun resist. You will need to provide patch notes or P99 developer comments showing discussions about FSI to even begin to make the claim that P99's code has changed for FSI.
Now he's rapid firing out the content stealing comments. Must be from reddit.

Hey why dont you change your sig to

"FSI totally helped me get my slow off as I casted it from range and took 0 melee damage when my wolf tanked golem!

Come read my guides and watch more of my 35% chance of FSI being useful in a hyper situational context that ultimately had no effect on winning or losing!"
__________________
If you want to server merge, then you have to server purge.

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:35 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now he's rapid firing out the content stealing comments. Must be from reddit.

Hey why dont you change your sig to

"FSI totally helped me get my slow off as I casted it from range and took 0 melee damage when my wolf tanked golem!

Come read my guides and watch more of my 35% chance of FSI being useful in a hyper situational context that ultimately had no effect on winning or losing!"
I really don't understand why you are so angry at FSI. It's just a racial perk that's slightly better with Torpor than the others.

You don't need to constantly make yourself look like a fool to try and convince people they shouldn't roll Ogre because you think they are ugly or something.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:40 PM
ya.dingus ya.dingus is offline
Sarnak

ya.dingus's Avatar

Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't understand why you are so angry at FSI. It's just a racial perk that's slightly better with Torpor than the others.

You don't need to constantly make yourself look like a fool to try and convince people they shouldn't roll Ogre because you think they are ugly or something.
Not angry, I just like to mock obviously bad ideas that say FSI is still good when we know it mathematically isn't.


You've gone out of your way to invalidate your own argument, then act disingenuous about it.

It's telling because your ego won't let you cope with losing an argument, but you can cope with lying to yourself about something as inane as a racial trait.

It's a problem not even the copium can fix.


I eagerly await your next rustled reply.
__________________
If you want to server merge, then you have to server purge.

Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Duik Duik is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 686
Default

Last word achieved.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:42 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not angry, I just like to mock obviously bad ideas that say FSI is still good when we know it mathematically isn't.


You've gone out of your way to invalidate your own argument, then act disingenuous about it.

It's telling because your ego won't let you cope with losing an argument, but you can cope with lying to yourself about something as inane as a racial trait.

It's a problem not even the copium can fix.


I eagerly await your next rustled reply.
You haven't provided any math to show it's bad, or that regen is better. I don't know why you keep thinking that you have "mathed it out".

I will happily admit defeat if you can actually provide something other than insults and memes.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:46 PM
ya.dingus ya.dingus is offline
Sarnak

ya.dingus's Avatar

Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't provided any math to show it's bad, or that regen is better. I don't know why you keep thinking that you have "mathed it out".

I will happily admit defeat if you can actually provide something other than insults and memes.
Are you serious right now? You've literally posted the code backing up the 5% melee interruption rate the original warrior guide had cited.

Why would I rehash something that others took a look at and said *yeah that looks right*.

You truly are the cd288 of the thread.

All that copium, and he still can't cope with losing the argument.

And the best part is, tanking non-stop in melee as a warrior is the BEST value FSI will provide for you. Anything else because even MORE SITUATIONAL and less mathematically probable.

Bro is clinging to negligiable % chances here to try to justify ogres as being anything but a space hog in raids.

Which by the way, FSI is even more useless in raids, honestly why would you ever go such a small marginal chance to improve your character when there are literally moderate or higher things you can to do make a better character.

Not overstating alone invalidates the garbage that is FSI.


Face it bro, Ogres havent been good since Kunark. Their hayday is over, and the only reason that was, is beacuse they could hit stat pools other races couldnt with gear.

It's over, done, finite. Ogres haven't been good since velious released.


You're just salty because them lizzy boys took your spot.
__________________
If you want to server merge, then you have to server purge.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 02-05-2023 at 04:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:52 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you serious right now? You've literally posted the code backing up the 5% melee interruption rate the original warrior guide had cited.

Why would I rehash something that others took a look at and said *yeah that looks right*.

You truly are the cd288 of the thread.

All that copium, and he still can't cope with losing the argument.
Again, you read it wrong, and are not taking into account spell cast times. It isn't a "5% interruption rate". He was saying 2 seconds is 5% of 40 seconds lol. The interruption rate is:

8/10 secondary attacks are bashes
4/10 bashes hit
2/10 bashes stun.

So you have a 20% chance of being stunned every time a secondary attack is triggered. That is why it ends up being 1 stun per 40 seconds on average.

When you are casting a spell, you will lose more time when you get interrupted half way through. You will lose 6 seconds if you get stunned 4 seconds into casting Malo, for example.

You are simply incorrect when you say a resisted stun will always interrupt the spell anyway. There is no evidence of this in the EQEMU source code, or evidence I can find from P99 devs talking about FSI. The P99 developers aren't changing all the EQEMU code just for fun. They only make changes when they need to.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:56 PM
ya.dingus ya.dingus is offline
Sarnak

ya.dingus's Avatar

Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

8/10 secondary attacks are bashes
4/10 bashes hit
2/10 bashes stun.

So you have a 20% chance of being stunned every time a secondary attack is triggered.
Your own damn math is even bad.

If 8/10 secondary attacks are bashes, how could that be 20%? like what?

Do you understand how percentages work?

Your viable hit pool is less because you hit less on secondaries. You've literally ignored the propability that the attacks are even bashes in the first place affect your baseline percentage on your stun success.

You need to go study on khan academy or something man, you are straight up confused on how it works.

IQ of an ogre over here.


Also it's less than 7 out of 10 attacks will result in a bash when kick is available.
__________________
If you want to server merge, then you have to server purge.

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 02-05-2023, 04:56 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your own damn math is even bad.

If 8/10 secondary attacks are bashes, how could that be 20%? like what?

Do you understand how percentages work?

Your viable hit pool is less because you hit less on secondaries. You've literally ignored the propability that the attacks are even bashes in the first place affect your baseline percentage on your stun success.

You need to go study on khan academy or something man, you are straight up confused on how it works.
2/10 = 1/5 = 20%. What don't you understand?

Let me put it another way. 1 stun every 40 seconds on average, and you get a secondary attack every 8 seconds. 8 x 5 = 40. Just read the article you posted yourself https://wiki.project1999.com/Sakuragi%27s_Warrior_Guide
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-05-2023 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-05-2023, 05:07 PM
ya.dingus ya.dingus is offline
Sarnak

ya.dingus's Avatar

Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2/10 = 1/5 = 20%. What don't you understand?

Let me put it another way. 1 stun every 40 seconds, and you get a secondary attack every 8 seconds. 8 x 5 = 40. Just read the article you posted yourself https://wiki.project1999.com/Sakuragi%27s_Warrior_Guide
Because that reductionist math doesn't reflect the actual probability of being stunned in combat?

What you need to do is calculate the chance a bash has to actually stun in a successful bash pool.

Then you calculate how many secondary attacks you will encounter in a given timespan, taking into the effect the type of mob, because Pets and warriors bash more frequently than other mobs which is the best rate you're going to get on FSI actually being good
https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics


Then if you want to actually be accurate for you situation, you need to separate those by slowed vs non-slowed mobs secondary attack rates and do your calcs for each.


Then finally, you calculate by the total percentage you will actually be bashed that will result in a stun for the given window of time you are in melee combat with said mob before it is slowed (this is for shaman).

Do you see how the number keeps reducing every layer of calculation you do? It's not 25% to actually have FSI come in clutch for you.
__________________
If you want to server merge, then you have to server purge.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.