Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 12-13-2022, 05:54 PM
Orc

Default Returning player question about Seb

Greetings

56 barb shaman just return after 5 year leave. I’m currently soloing in COM, but was wondering how grouping is in Seb? I honestly can’t remember a thing about the zone, but was thinking of popping over to level and ideally try and get some new gear. As I’m not the most twinked shaman. Epic, and iskar ceremonial chest plate. Wouldn’t mind getting a fungi, maybe a job. But wondering if Seb is Perma camped by farmers, or if there would be a legit chance of getting some groups down there

Thanks
Old 12-13-2022, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

The more popular camps like king, CE and NG tend to be camped more often than not, everything else is usually open. Seb now a days seems to be a ‘bring your own group’ kind of place, so I’d suggest getting into a guild if you’re not in one.
Old 12-13-2022, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slouth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings

56 barb shaman just return after 5 year leave. I’m currently soloing in COM, but was wondering how grouping is in Seb? I honestly can’t remember a thing about the zone, but was thinking of popping over to level and ideally try and get some new gear. As I’m not the most twinked shaman. Epic, and iskar ceremonial chest plate. Wouldn’t mind getting a fungi, maybe a job. But wondering if Seb is Perma camped by farmers, or if there would be a legit chance of getting some groups down there

Thanks
In my experience getting a PuG isn’t easy. Less people in the lobby compared to what I remember on Live but also less groups looking to replace people who can’t easily get to the group.

Even at full pop it would be tough to get a job in the King group outside maybe a high 50’s rogue. It’s mostly farmed. I got a job tanking at 57 with the pally and was shocked but it worked ok. It’s probably better to earn the plat and buy the tunic. At least IMHO.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Seb is a bit of a graveyard compared to 1-2 years ago.

It's funny and sad watching people try to grind through 58-60 in KC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-13-2022, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Seb is hot or miss in terms of pugs. Some nights there can be like 20-30 people in there. Others like 3.

Definitely easier if you join a large guild and message people asking if they want to do seb. People are almost always down to group there if you do the work to organize the group. If you do that you can generally get in several groups to grind that JBB.

Fungi tunic would be tough though. Usually locked down by a duo or trio and they’re not gonna invite you.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

lvl 56 is to low for sebilis dont go until ur 60 and in ntov gear and only then go to farm stuff u dont need to deny other ppl gets anything
Old 12-14-2022, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lvl 56 is to low for sebilis dont go until ur 60 and in ntov gear and only then go to farm stuff u dont need to deny other ppl gets anything
Basically this lol
Old 12-14-2022, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Eh, 56 is fine if you bring your own group. Seb is absolutely designed for that level range ... just not at the camps anyone goes to anymore.

Camps like ABC or Disco don't exist for the phat lewtz (for that you go to camps like King or CE) ... you go to them for XP (with some not terrible loot).

Now of course the ZEM might make it smarter to go to some other dungeon instead if you want XP (which is a little sad to me, as I XPed in Sebilis tons on live), but the point is that if you have a group and want a nice available camp for that level, Sebilis should totally be on the table.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yea it's just more a BOGO environment. I actually think a mid 50's group in Arms/Chef/Bar would be a blast. Slowing named spawns in Crypt would be difficult I expect but you can heal through those select fights.

Bringing your own group isnt a bad thing though. Corpse retrievals can be a PITA so good to know everyone is bringing their A Game.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Have spent the last week trying to find or form groups in there as a 58 Rogue, and I managed to get into a disco group once. Other nights there’s been like five people in there, all 60 and at the money camps. Kindof disappointing that people flock to KC, which is awful exp, and totally neglect somewhere like Sebilis.