Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 12-14-2022, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have spent the last week trying to find or form groups in there as a 58 Rogue, and I managed to get into a disco group once. Other nights there’s been like five people in there, all 60 and at the money camps. Kindof disappointing that people flock to KC, which is awful exp, and totally neglect somewhere like Sebilis.
Need rotating zems, would be the best non-classic change to accompany all of the other non-classic changes here.
Old 12-14-2022, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Corpse retrievals can be a PITA so good to know everyone is bringing their A Game.
A simple solution ... that requires a lot of prep work ... is to level a rogue to 20 (or maybe lower: I thought I heard a guildie say they only needed level 5 to get into Seb now?)

Either way, it won't take that long, and even a level 5/20 rogue can sneak/hide ... they're just really slow. Getting them to Seb is a pain, but once they're there you can even drag your own corpse with them.

Again, it's a pain to setup, but once you have a rogue alt parked there it really takes some stress out of doing Seb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need rotating zems, would be the best non-classic change to accompany all of the other non-classic changes here.
Amen! And fixing XP (specifically in Kunark zones) is 100% classic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Notes May 25, 2000 8:00 am
Upon investigation, we discovered a deficiency with the amount of experience being rewarded in many Kunark zones (mostly dungeons). The affected zones have been updated, and adventurers should notice the greater experience reward in return for the increased risk and challenge associated with these zones.
That was May of 2000 (about a year in). About a year later, in a January of 2001 producer letter (still technically within "classic") they did their first true ZEM overhaul (and actually introduced the term "ZEM").

Quote:
The first and perhaps easiest to explain change that we are making to the experience system is the modification of what we call the "Zone Experience Multiplier", or 'ZEM' ...

As of the next patch, you will receive additional experience (per kill) in the following zones:
So if Blue is ever going to get any "classicaly-themed custom content", an annual ZEM rotation seems like incredibly low-hanging fruit.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

They’ve basically done annual zem rotation at this point. They’ve done two zem rotations in the past like 2 year period I believe
Old 12-15-2022, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

With epic you'd be just fine camping the two bugs outside disco.

Hardest part will be getting down there. Just take your time.

But the real god tier XP is freeti trash as an epic shaman. You're welcome.
Old 12-15-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Geonids in WL is a good epic shaman spot too. They have a ton more HP than freeti trash but outdoors and they drop velious armor gems.
Old 12-15-2022, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Geonids in WL is a good epic shaman spot too. They have a ton more HP than freeti trash but outdoors and they drop velious armor gems.
Leave the geonids alone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] They're one of the only camps a 59 Mage can do, and there are so many other ones Shaman can do that Mages can't (HS, PoM, Neriak, Sentient Suits in WL, bear pits, efreeti, etc.) ...

... but you are correct, geonids are good for Shaman also.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Mages can do bear pits,upper pit and den at least just fine. 1 pet per dog/spider and a couple nukes.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:42 PM
Banned

>unironically playing a mage
(LOL)
Old 12-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages can do bear pits,upper pit and den at least just fine. 1 pet per dog/spider and a couple nukes.
I haven't been in the bear pits since they redid them, but I remember there being very few single spawns down there. Mages (basically) can't split.

Old 12-19-2022, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

There's lots of singles in the upper pit,and the dogs in the den only single. Infact the zone is so buggy you need to run up and melee them to even agro them, the dogs in the den that is
I did alot of 58 and 59 on my mage there
Last edited by PatChapp; 12-19-2022 at 03:45 PM..