Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Banned

Default Enchanter vs Shaman. Who is the better money maker?

I'm leaning towards Enchanter, but Shaman is probably much easier to play?

I want pros and cons (before I spend too much money on my Shaman alt)

Enchanter vs Shaman. Who is the better money maker?
Old 01-04-2023, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanter by far.

There are only a few solo targets that a shaman can do better.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanter is easier.

Butt if u want to mindlessly grind plat go necro or mage.

(Or druid or wiz for port sell gate) butt those guys have much more limited farming spots.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Enchanter isn't hard to play, just most people playing this game have HORRIBLE reaction time, which is a bit more required for not dieing solo on enc.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

There is are a lot of posts on this topic.

Besides a few stunt kills that require a 60 shaman with every toy clicking for 15+ minutes why do you think they would be better than a class with non-restricted lull, charm, haste, and slow?

Do you want a less efficient class that’s easy or a much more efficient one that occasionally takes a dirt nap?
Old 01-04-2023, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanters are going to make more money. They have a lower initial investment, and have a large range of money camps they can do.

Shamans can make great money too, but you are at least 150k in debt by the time you hit 60 from Torpor, other spells, and Epic (unless you were lucky enough to get all that via drops).

Shamans also must be level 60 with Torpor to be able to camp the good stuff. I imagine an Enchanter under level 60 can still do some good camps, basically camps that don't need dictate.

The main benefit of a Shaman over an Enchanter is they are easier to play, and much harder to kill. So if you want to be lazier and still make good money, Shaman is a good choice.

Going to pull some numbers out of my butt, just a rough guesstimate.

A Shaman with Kael faction can easily make a minimum of 1-4k per day solo on average spending an hour killing WW Dragons and maybe doing a round of the two dwarves in Icewell keep that drop their heads for Coldain Boots/Gloves. You could make more if you got lucky.

An Enchanter is probably doing more like a minimum of 2-8k per day solo if they are doing money camps like Seahorse Belt, Chardok Revamp camps, etc. You could make more if you got lucky.

Both Enchanters and Shamans are popular classes when doing 3 player Fungi King groups, which can give you a ton of money if you get lucky on Fungi Tunic drops. At the end of the day you could make the equivalent money that an Enchanter could make as a Shaman if you really like Fungi King.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-04-2023 at 12:11 PM..
Old 01-04-2023, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Shaman with Kael faction can easily make a minimum of 1-4k per day solo on average spending an hour killing WW Dragons and maybe doing a round of the two dwarves in Icewell keep that drop their heads for Coldain Boots/Gloves. You could make more if you got lucky.

An Enchanter is probably doing more like a minimum of 2-8k per day solo if they are doing money camps like Seahorse Belt, Chardok Revamp camps, etc. You could make more if you got lucky.
Per DAY? Or did you mean like, per camp of about 30 mins - 1 hour?
Old 01-04-2023, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per DAY? Or did you mean like, per camp of about 30 mins - 1 hour?
Let me clarify. I am talking about averages. Obviously EQ has a lot of RnG, so you can get lucky and unlucky days.

Shamans can more easily do 1-4k per day on WW Dragons and the Coldain Boots/Hands because the drop rates (at least in my experience) are a bit more consistent. I have gotten unlucky streaks where I get less money since nothing drops, but that's rarer. This can be done in an hour because you can kill like 3-4 WW Dragons in a hour without waiting for repops.

For the Enchanter numbers, my assumption is you aren't going to get a good drop every day. But since the drops are typically selling for 10k or more (like Ring of Stealthy Travel or Seahorse Belt). If you get one drop every 2-3 days you end up averaging more like 2-8k per day. I say day because good items camps are a bit slower since you are waiting at least 30 mins per pop, where as you can kill four WW Dragons in an hour since there are at least four good, killable WW Dragons.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-04-2023 at 01:36 PM..
Old 01-04-2023, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me clarify. I am talking about averages. Obviously EQ has a lot of RnG, so you can get lucky and unlucky days.

Shamans can more easily do 1-4k per day on WW Dragons and the Coldain Boots/Hands because the drop rates (at least in my experience) are a bit more consistent. I have gotten unlucky streaks where I get less money since nothing drops, but that's rarer. This can be done in an hour.

For the Enchanter numbers, my assumption is you aren't going to get a good drop every day. But since the drops are typically selling for 10k or more (like Ring of Stealthy Travel or Seahorse Belt). If you get one drop every 2-3 days you end up averaging more like 2-8k per day. I say day because good items camps are a bit slower since you are waiting at least 30 mins per pop.
I figured they'd make more than that.

I suppose it's a lot of feast or famine then.

I guess I had in my mind Enchanters farming like 16 Seahorse Belts a day, etc.

I might enjoy the more consistent farming probably.

Over the (Holiday) weekend I was making 10,000p per day from porting. But that's with having 7 - 9 tell windows crowding up your screen most of the time.

With the Necro I can only do about 600p per hour, but it's easy and relaxing.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figured they'd make more than that.

I suppose it's a lot of feast or famine then.

I guess I had in my mind Enchanters farming like 16 Seahorse Belts a day, etc.

I might enjoy the more consistent farming probably.

Over the (Holiday) weekend I was making 10,000p per day from porting. But that's with having 7 - 9 tell windows crowding up your screen most of the time.

With the Necro I can only do about 600p per hour, but it's easy and relaxing.
You certainly can make more, but yeah it depends on luck and time invested. I am sure if you are playing 8 hours a day, you are getting more drops. Getting 10kpp per day from porting must mean you were playing a lot.