Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned

sick OCCUPY That mother fucker.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

I have no hate or ill will in my heart for people who enjoy sexual relations with the same sex. At the same time i have used the term "gay" to mean something negative. Maybe i am a sucker for the solicaliaction of the word. Maybe i played a little too much Warcraft.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

Isn't it possible that you would use Gay as an adjective... but not in a negative light(thus not being a homophobe)?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i haven't watched it, but if they took over a building and then threw a dance party, that pretty much destroys any seriousness to their "cause"

Sounds to me like they are a bunch of idiots, breaking the law to have a party and live off their parents money in the name of a higher cause.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:17 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was your intention then by using the word 'gay' as an adjective? If you were trying to degrade the Occupy people you could have just stated 'dance' club, but instead you chose to use the word gay. I'm just curious why you would choose to use the word gay in that context and when confronted you're now falling back on an argument basically saying "gay is just a funny word, I wasn't being prejudice".
Why does anyone use the word? Because just saying that they turned it into a club wouldn't be accurate. It's hilarious that you're trying to troll me on this, because you have no idea how much you're embarrassing yourself yet.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

fuck homosexicans

moving on
Old 12-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does anyone use the word? Because just saying that they turned it into a club wouldn't be accurate. It's hilarious that you're trying to troll me on this, because you have no idea how much you're embarrassing yourself yet.
Most people use the word in a derogatory manner to imply that what they are describing is inferior or wrong based upon their own conscious or subconscious prejudice against homosexuality. Why wouldn't it be accurate to describe it as a dance club? What about the word gay made you want to describe the club that way? What was your intention by using the word gay to describe a movement you clearly meant to insult in a deragatory fashion?

You responded to me and yet didn't answer my question, instead chose to turn the tables on me by stating I was embarrassing myself hoping you wouldn't have to state why you chose to use the word gay in a deragotory fashion and somehow still remain non prejudice.

Don't worry about my feelings by the way, I doubt I could feel embarassed about something someone says on a message board I browse for a game I don't play anymore. I appreciate the sentiment though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:28 PM
VIP / Contributor

Simply saying gay doesn't make it derogatory, no matter how eager you are to make yourself into a victim.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

it was a slur against the occupy movement. don't kid yourself, of course it was meant to be derogatory.

not that i care about the occupy movement, or homosexuals. but let's call a spade a spade here.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simply saying gay doesn't make it derogatory, no matter how eager you are to make yourself into a victim.
You're right, like for example if a gay man said "I'm gay" it's not deragotory.

Could you answer my question though? Why did you describe them as having turned the building into a gay club. What about the word gay in that context best described the occupy movement at that given moment? It's really a simple question, there is no need to get so defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Closed Thread