Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras
Default Reverse Charm killing with summoned mobs

Hi! So, I've been wondering for a while ever since I've started dabbling in HS South, is there a preferred method for necros dealing with summoning mobs while using the reverse charm killing method?

Usually, I'm used to pulling 4 - 5 mobs, rooting them in a line just within melee range of the one behind them, and killing my pet once it gets low before moving on to charm the next one in line.

Summoning mobs make this strategy less viable, as I'll be summoned into the middle of both of the mobs once I break my mob ~3-4% to use Deflux.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Last edited by LazyHydras; 06-18-2019 at 04:47 PM..
Old 06-18-2019, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Just mez, back pet, break and kill pet then charm the mezzed one and if it’s in melee range the next rooted mob will hit it and break the mez.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

I never understood why you'd root mobs IN A LINE for reverse charming. I root them all as close to each other as possible, in a bunch, so they can all beat on the pet at the same time, and after this pet is gone, a new pet will also be in melee range to all other remaining mobs.

It's simply more available DPS for you.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

As a necro in HS south, I would probably not recommend doing this in general. Summoning mobs dont mix well with reverse charming/suicide cheesing and necros already have a tough enough time with summoners imo.

But if you're hellbent on doing this and have a lot of EE's then wallicker probably gave the best suggestion I could think of assuming your pet happens to be out of melee range of the other mobs not being mezzes, and you also (luckily) get summoned out of melee range of said mobs. (Which wont happen because by virtue of reverse charming all mobs will be in melee range).

As a HS enthusiast/ seasoned enchanter , I still do not prefer to try and reverse charm in HS south or East. However, HS south / east is not where I would be going with the intention to kill mass amounts of mobs but rather just ninja thru and snipe nameds / Ph's. Stick to west for optimal reverse charm xp.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread